50+ years old - with over 100 lbs to lose.

Options
Hi,

Are there any groups on this site? Or do we just "go it alone?" Trying to get familiar with the site. Have A LOT of weight to lose - most of which I've gained over the course of the last 12 years (since peri-menopause and menopause). Also am afflicted with some body problems like joint pain, back pain, etc.

Needing H E L P - and hoping to meet people with similar goals/struggles and issues who would like to work on this together. :)

Replies

• twoisplenty
    twoisplenty Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) I am also fairly new here and ready to start this weight loss journey. If you are looking for support feel free to add me.
  • SoySalva
    SoySalva Posts: 138
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I am sure you will find groups or members with similar goals and issues as you do. I am 51 years old and have been on this weight loss journey for a year now....started at 224 lbs and today weighed in at 155 lbs. I also have some health issues so my only source of exercise is brisk walking twice a day for 30 minutes and that seems to be working for me!

My daily calorie goal 1200 and I pretty much stick to it. If I may be of any help to you feel free to add me and again welcome and I wish you success!
  • Journey41
    Options
    Thank you - I just sent you a friend request.
  • Journey41
    Options
    Congratulations on your EXCELLENT progress! That achievement is something to truly be proud of! I just sent you a friend request.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello, and Welcome to MFP!! There are a Lot of people here who are Over 50, and there are at least a couple of Groups. Search them under the Community Tab or checkout the Message Boards. No one has to 'Go it alone' unless they just WANT to do it that way.
  • rebecky8085
    rebecky8085 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to me! Thank you
  • pekemom
    pekemom Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi - i have been on and off this website for a while, but have never lost hope. I have seen some very inspiring results in this group and would love to try again as part of your group. I have 100 pounds to lose, am 56 years old, with severe arthritis. I want to believe i can do this. :)
  • jbjujitsu
    jbjujitsu Posts: 9
    Options
    You CAN! I know you can (and so do you) :)