Tall/Wide framed woman

Options
Hey there! Im 5'9'' and have broad back, wide shoulders, and wide hips, I do not have huge boobs( im okay with it lol) My Goal Weight is 150-155lbs and from there to tone and get definition in my abs, thighs and shoulders. Anyone else in the same boat as me? I want to loose 30lbs by September 1st. For some reason my body has unfortunately stored fat in my under arm area around to my back and that seems to be the hardest to get rid of.

IMG_20110709_103439-1-1.jpg This is me at about 175ish...

Replies

• Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You're a hottie!! I'm 5'9" also and actually have quite a bit more to lose (80-100 lbs.. i'd like to see what 135 looks like on me just once!). We can do it! You look fantastic, keep wokring hard and you'll be there in NO time! I lost 75 previously and got down to 160-170 so now I want to get bacxk to that and then blow it outta the friggin water!!!

If you ever need anything, feel free to hit me up anytime! Add me if you need soome motivation!!
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Somewhat similar, 5'10" very curvy, wide shoulders, wide hips, but i've got the huge boobs. I've got a lot more weight to lose than you do, but i'm working on it. The hardest part has been finding clothes (one of my main motivators, to shop in the cute girl store!). Apparently, tall people are not overweight. :smile:
  • katykosto
    katykosto Posts: 80
    Options
    Thanks ladies...I know it can be very discouraging to be over 150lbs when so many girls out there are trying to get down to 120lbs but the fact is we are all built differently and 120 would look DISGUSTING on us lol, we would be just as beautiful at 150 as they would at 120, we have to keep reminding ourselves we are all different. This picture was taken last july and sad to say I had fallen off the wagon when my boyfriend came home from Iraq, I was flying from Chicago to Texas and driving back n forth to Florida to move to Florida with him. now that we are settled in and have a normal routine im back in the game but Ive gained about 20lbs so I have to get as much motivation as possible... =] add me if you want a motivating follower
  • katykosto
    Options
    79587118384520885_Lmkkvb7B_f.jpg

THIS GIRL IS BEAUTIFUL TALL SIZE 10!!! NOT A 0,1 OR A 2....
  • Floridaboy21
    Options
    Even though i'm a dude broad shoulders and about 6'3. I i'm 255 right now and i would also like to drop atleast 30lbs. sounds like mission impossible but i gonna try. Seems that i'm all belly. gotta cut out the beer drinking. i'm doing a low carb diet. No starch, just meats and veggies! Alot of chicken and fish! I seen that from north port! I was born and raised in Cape Coral, fl. goodluck!
  • ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies...I know it can be very discouraging to be over 150lbs when so many girls out there are trying to get down to 120lbs but the fact is we are all built differently and 120 would look DISGUSTING on us lol, we would be just as beautiful at 150 as they would at 120, we have to keep reminding ourselves we are all different. This picture was taken last july and sad to say I had fallen off the wagon when my boyfriend came home from Iraq, I was flying from Chicago to Texas and driving back n forth to Florida to move to Florida with him. now that we are settled in and have a normal routine im back in the game but Ive gained about 20lbs so I have to get as much motivation as possible... =] add me if you want a motivating follower

I agree! I'm a little shorter than you (5'7"), so my goal weight is 135-140ish (have about 15-18 lbs to go). I'm definitely similarly shaped--broader shoulders, hippy, etc. I log everyday and keep my friends list short, so I should be a good motivating friend. I'll add you!
  • katykosto
    Options
    Even though i'm a dude broad shoulders and about 6'3. I i'm 255 right now and i would also like to drop atleast 30lbs. sounds like mission impossible but i gonna try. Seems that i'm all belly. gotta cut out the beer drinking. i'm doing a low carb diet. No starch, just meats and veggies! Alot of chicken and fish! I seen that from north port! I was born and raised in Cape Coral, fl. goodluck!

Men are welcome too! lol just very different body types, I do love Budlight Draft haha but I have made myself a challenge of water and milk only if not Smoothies....I have slowly been cutting out the sugars and snacks that i was endulging myself in and now I have portion control locked down pretty good..Keep it up, so a year from now we can look back and see that Mission Impossible is very possible... =]
  • Franmagick
    Franmagick Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm 5"9 and have always had very large hips and I have big boobs! I'm about 170lbs perhaps more, really trying to get down to about 150lbs!
    Tall girls add me, I've been looking around for groups for tall women could only find them for short, its just as hard for us haha!
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Group for women 5'9" and up: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/90-totally-tall-women-of-mfp

Just to let you know there are groups out there :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'9, 151 pound, size 4.. and damn proud of it!

I have small boobs, big hips/*kitten*... but now they are a much more toned hips and *kitten* after losing 30 pounds.