How do you combat hunger..

Options
Im feeling hungry.. but I just had lunch about an hour ago..HELP. How do I subside the hunger..

Replies

• surgesilk
    surgesilk Posts: 92
    Options
    Eat. Otherwise deal with the hunger. Being hungry won't kill you.
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    yes eat is how u cure hunger is this a trick question however if u feel hungry u might be thristy so drink?
  • av8rjtt
    av8rjtt Posts: 2
    Options
    I know this may sound like psychobabble, but what has worked for me is to change the way I respond to hunger pangs mentally. I also used to smoke, and I always responded to nicotine cravings and hunger pangs like they were a screaming child I just wanted to quiet, and so I gave in and trained my body to never expect to feel them. Now when I feel hunger, I've learned to appreciate the feeling as something good. It means I'm no longer over-feeding my body with excess calories, and that I need to feel a moderate bit of hunger in between meals to know that I am losing weight. This has changed the way I experience and respond to hunger and honestly, it has trained my brain to appreciate a moderate amount of hunger. It also makes my meals more pleasurable. I don't know if this will work for others, but it has worked well for me.