I NEED BREAKFAST!

Replies

• Kingmayhem
    Kingmayhem Posts: 2
    I dont know about Skipping breakfast, I always eat something. A lot of people (most are smarter than me!) say that eating 6 meals a day is the best way to eat, but often my breakfast is at about 10 am.
    Try "delaying" breakfast rather than skipping it. Granola bars make it easy to wait untill you are awake and about to eat. Other Suggestions: making a smoothie with yogurt, bananas and frozen berries!!!, egg beaters with peppers onions, mustard and hot sauce, Bagel thins with Almond butter or peanut butter.....

Good Luck
  • Check out my new blog , posting my meal plans , it has helped me so much eating 5 small meals a day , and i am losing weight check it out :)

its not easy but we all try am i right
    posting food ideas and snacks awesome , it makes eating so much fun
    i am still aiming towards living and eating a healthy life style :)

goodluck guys
    xxx

http://healthy--happiness.tumblr.com/ <-- My Blog
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    if you don't like eating breakfast, feel good without it, and skipping it doesn't cause you to overeat later in the day, the answer is simple: Don't eat it.

^ This.
  • rexzmumu
    rexzmumu Posts: 95 Member
    i start my day with 1/2 cup almond milk, scoop of protein powder, fake sweetner, and ice. Blended. Tastes like a milk shake. then 1/2 a small banana. This is very small but i eat every 3 hrs so its enough for me. hope this helps
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    Why are you trying to force yourself to eat it if you "aren't a breakfast eater"? I'm confused.....

Haven't you heard? Force feeding yourself is the hot new weight loss strategy.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    If you aren't hungry first thing in the morning, don't eat. You aren't going to starve or kill your metabolism. Just make sure you are eating all of the calories MFP suggests in the 2 meals you have later in the day.

Also, try eating foods that aren't breakfast foods in the morning if you are hungry.
  • rexzmumu
    rexzmumu Posts: 95 Member
    but with the research i have done, i personally do NOT agree with the ones saying do not eat breakfast. thats just me.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member
    but with the research i have done, i personally do NOT agree with the ones saying do not eat breakfast. thats just me.

What research is this? I would like to compare it to the research scientists have done that say it doesn't matter.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    I really love turkey sandwiches for breakfast.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    I drink a cup of coffee with cream & sugar and an oz of almonds. Doesn't feel like I've eaten, but it's plenty to get me going.
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    greasygriddle_wechnage Posts: 246 Member
    i say throw down a pint of Guinness, all else is futile. :drinker:
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,284 Member
    Not sure why folks are telling you not to eat breakfast. There is a reason why breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You need to eat breakfast within an hour from waking up. It gets your body going on the right track.

The effects of a skipped breakfast are short attention span, lack of alertness, longer reaction time, low blood sugar, decreased work productivity. Surely, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Take time to eat a large, balanced breakfast. It’s a good investment of your time. Once you get into the habit of eating breakfast, you may feel hungry in the morning.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,238 Member

What research is this? I would like to compare it to the research scientists have done that say it doesn't matter.

me too...
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    I like steak for breakfast. But that's me.
  • Sidesteal

I'm also curious about the research. I do believe that there is research indicating that skipping breakfast can cause some individuals to over-eat calories over time, but this would be a largely individual thing and not a metabolic concern.

I have also seen ample research that suggests no difference in body composition between groups who eat breakfast and groups who don't.

Lastly, I do recall at least one study suggesting that skipping breakfast is superior.

I think it's important to consider the majority of research and not just one that supports your own viewpoint. As such, can you share your research so I can see some studies that suggest breakfast being mandatory or beneficial?

Also, I'm specifically interested in research, not blog posts, just for what it's worth.
  • 6624sw
    6624sw Posts: 3
    How about a breakfast burrito with no eggs? Just beans & light cheese...there is one particular brand on the market (La Favorita) that makes a great one that's pretty low calorie/carb/fat.
  • Sidesteal
    Not sure why folks are telling you not to eat breakfast. There is a reason why breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You need to eat breakfast within an hour from waking up. It gets your body going on the right track.

The effects of a skipped breakfast are short attention span, lack of alertness, longer reaction time, low blood sugar, decreased work productivity.

You make it sound like 12 hours without food causes all of these impairments. Do you have anything to support this?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18779282
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2405701
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3536834
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    I work out in the morning and do fasted cardio 5 days a week, and I eat after my workout (I drink maybe 1/2 cup of black coffee on the drive to the gym). If I tried to force-feed myself within an hour of waking, it would be coming back up at the gym every time. Once in a great while, I'm really hungry beforehand, and I'll eat half a protein bar on the drive, but most days its just the coffee.

Oh, and by the way...I've lost 37 lbs and have maintained that loss for the past 6 months.

I'm not trying to say nobody "needs" to eat breakfast, but if there was a cookie-cutter method of what to eat and when to eat it that worked for everyone, would we need to be here?
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,014 Member
    If you don't like breakfast or don't need to eat first thing, then don't.

Have a snack mid morning and go straight to lunch.

Tadah! Problem solved!

PS. Everyone is different and there is no fact saying breakfast is a must. If it works for you, eat it. If it doesn't, don't. Don't make it harder than it is! :flowerforyou:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    If you don't like breakfast foods, then just eat something you do like. Leftovers from dinner, a peanut butter sandwich, hummus and apple or veggie sticks, a bowl of soup, whatever.