Changes I've Made..What do you think?

Options
Ok, so I had a personal trainer that I was paying $200/month that had me on an 1800 calorie/day (and Lord only knows how many carbs )diet if not more on certain days. That program included 45 minutes of cardio 6 days a week and 45 mins of heavy weight training 5 days a week....

Here are the changes I've recently made:

I have cut my calories down to no more than 1200/day 1300 max Carbs down to 90-120 grams maximum/day

Cardio is 90 minutes 6 days/week
Weight Training- More like cardio sculpting, very low weights no more than 10lb dumb bells vs the 25lb dumb bells I was training with and more plyo metric types of moves for 45 minutes

Do you think that this is a large enough change to see some weight finally comeing off of the scale and size coming off of my body? I think these are some pretty significant changes..would really like anyones thoughts

Thanks a bunch!

Replies

• njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    202554.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

YOu go with the personal trainer. I spend my money lately on Karate for the girls and after school daycare so I am tapped out for now but I would love to have someone to keep me focused and bahave. My calories is about 1400 but I work out pretty good at home 3 sets of leg extensions (50 lbs) 15 reps, and 3 sets of benches 15 reps at 65 lbs. I swim aobut 500 yds and ride the bike 6 miles each day but my downfall is calories. I eat too many and I really have to count carbs and limit to 65 gm per meal or I gain weight which currently I am gaining lbs and it;s not muscle or my mesurements would be dropping and they are not.
    I have got to get back on a healthy meal plan and stick to it in order to take these 30-40 lbs off. Any good ideas would be greated appreciated...:yawn: :cry:
  • MissPriss30
    Options
    Thank you for the response :-) what I forgot to mention is that in 5 weeks time I dropped no more than 5lbs after the grueling life style changing and sometimes impossible meal plans he wanted me to do, I did them anyway and saw almost no change on the scale and in 5 weeks of sticking to the diet he put me on and killing me at the gym 6 days a week it should have been coming of better than that. I will say that since I cut back to 3 meals/day and watch my cals and carb intake as my doctor told me to, I am having much craving for carbs particularly ben and jerry's ice cream lol and when i was on that other diet with the trainer i constantly craved fattening stuff, I think the uncontrolled eating and eating so many times throughout the day just made me want to keep eating lol!
  • njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I think that is the problem is when I cut back on the carbs i crave them in the evening. The yougart and salads are good but by 6 PM my body is craving all the carbs and that can't be good for weight loss. The last time I lost a ton of weight was on my Navy deployment where I had to ride my bike everywhere and the place I lived had no bad food around so I ate in the chow hall mostly healthy low carb items furits, veggies and low fat meats and I did not even think about weight loss I got so small from a size 12 to size 4 in like 6 months. I did work out there since I had the bike as transportation, and swimming mostly. I did use weights aobut 3-4 days a week.
    Now that I am back with my family I cook and well eat the stuff I buy for the kids. Ugggh not sure how to lasso this other then get rid of the junk so nothing is around to tempt me into bad food choices. Out of sight out of mind..thanks LOL :happy:

202554.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should go with the trained. Why not split the difference and go with low carb and eat 1500-1600. Using heavy weight will take the fat off not necessarily the weight. If you only have 25lbs to lose the weight is not and should not come off fast and may not go down at all but you will see a size reduction. I have lost almost 10 dresses sizes with 70 pounds.
  • MissPriss30
    Options
    I must be typo-tarded tonight lol! What I meant to say is that I do NOT CRAVE SWEETS AND CARBS NOW on this 3 meals a day diet that my doctor suggested. He also said no matter what that the weight would come off if I am burning more calories than I am taking in. He said counting calories and keeping the carb intake low with regular daily exercise is the only way to get it off and keep it off! That I could do my ben and jerrys thing but lets shoot for once a month not once a week lol!!!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories? That 90 minutes of cardio 6 days a week, exercise? If not, and you're eating 1200 calories a day, and burning off let's say 500 calories an hour X 1.5 hours = 750 calories, you're leaving your body only 450 net calories to fuel your organs and basic fuctions.

You may lose weight that way, but you'll feel terrible (sluggish, fuzzy headed, tired) and once you do start to actually eat real amounts (after you lose the weight) you'll just put it all right back on.

You may want to reevaluate the plan a bit :huh:
  • MissPriss30
    Options
    First off thank you all for you responses, it is very sweet of you all to be so supportive. Secondly, if you wouldnt mind going to check out my food diary, you will see that I eat plenty of food, I get lots of protein 120grams, 100grams of carbs or less some days 120grams tops, low fat 25-25grams. For instance I took a break from the gym today because I went to my estheticians office and got a new Vi peel which is just suppose to be incredible for your skin :-) we shall see. But anyway I didn't work out today because of that and I feel GREAT, I havent even have my protein shake yet! I also want you guys to keep in mind that I do have slight hypothyriodism and from what I have read is like this lets just say it takes 1800 calories/day to maintain my current weight of 165lbs, BUT.....hypothyriodism would fail to burn 200 calories of that as it would in someone who has a regular functioning thyriod so now we are down to 1600 calories to maintain, then the article said to take off another 200 calories/day to lose weight so now we are at 1400 calories/day and I usually get between 1200-1300calories/day from what I have been noticing in my diary. So I promise you I am not starving myself, just not overeating and making myself sick. I just got these new low carb, low cal pancakes and have eaten them TWICE today with sugar free syrup and am still within my cal, carb limits and I AM STUFFED :-) they are soooo good! You guys should try them New Hope Mills Pancake and Waffle Mix YUMMY!! :-)
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    If you are taking off 200 cal/day that only equals 1400cal for the week. Thats not even a half of pound. I am working out with a personal trainer (since july), I didn't lose alot of weight, I have lost in inches and I lost 10% body fat. So the number on the scale isn't the important one.
  • Jazziemay
    Jazziemay Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I saw your post, and sounds like you are getting a little frustrated, with not losing much weight, but keep in mind that when you are in training, you will gain muscle, before you see weight loss, Now I have lost 18 pounds since I've been tracking myself on here and 25 pounds all together, but the only exercise I get is on the wii fitness board, and my glider. I only have 20 to 40 carbs a day,
    And I've been doing this since the 16th of July. Hope this helps.