Lost, then gained???

Options
joniz74
joniz74 Posts: 2 Member
So I started last Monday and by Friday had lost 3 lbs...Weighed in this morning and gained them all back again...and I didn't do anything different except workout MORE??? Muscle added perhaps??

Replies

• angelakj23
    angelakj23 Posts: 51
    Options
    If you didn't do anything different then it has to be muscle. Remember muscle weighs more than fat. I don't worry to much about the scale and focus more on measurements. :smile:
  • Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Joniz74,
    A persons weight can fluctuate as much as 3-5 lbs in a given week. I would suggest you don't weigh yourself more that 1 time each week and be sure to weigh at generally the same time each week. I've been taking measurements every two weeks and pics every month to help me better gage my progress. For example, in Nov 2011 I weighed 145 and by Feb I was down to 125 and lost two dress sizes. Since changing my fitness program two months ago I haven't lost anymore weight, but I've nearly lost another dress size. As angelakj23 advises, go with measurements not with weight!
    Good luck and feel free to friend me if you're looking for added support :)
  • DannyC001
    DannyC001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Proven and time-tested method is to stick with the plan (watching what you eat and getting regular exercise) and over time the weight will gradually come down. Remember, any rapid weightloss isn't all that sustatinable.
  • joniz74
    joniz74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your input everyone! I went ahead and did my measurements and I lost 2.5" so that is fantastic! Gonna stick with what I have been doing :o)