new to MFP need a support group

Options
Hello my name is Carey I am 27 years old and this is day one of a lifestyle change for me. However, this is the millionth day one in my life. I have been successful in losing weight in my life but somewhere I slip up and gain all my weight back plus some. My biggest problem is that when I slip up I feel that all is lost instead of saying to myself "one mistake is not going to ruin all your progress", I usually end up binging on junk food and within a week I am back to my same old habits. This time it has to work, I feel like I am missing out on life. I am embarrassed to go anywhere or do anything because I am so heavy. I feel like people are judging me. I know that a lot of that is my own insecurities but I don't feel good about myself. I also have a 14 month old daughter who I worry will miss out on things in life because I can't get my weight under control. This time has to be different. I know I need a support group that will help me along but also I feel it will be good for me to be an encouragement to other people as well. I would like to hear from some people who have lost the weight and kept it off as well as some people just starting out, we can do this together. Please feel free to add me :-)

Replies

• Tiffy_Pea
    Tiffy_Pea Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I'll add you, support is never a bad thing!
  • dbala08
    dbala08 Posts: 2
    Options
    I feel the same way! i struggle with the same things. Also in need of a support group.
  • IBetterShapeUp
    Options
    Hi Carey. I can appreciate how you feel. You can get your weight under control. It is a mindset. Take one day at a time and don't be hard on yourself. Have a cheat night. I look forward to my cheat night! You CAN do this!
  • CareyA0801
    CareyA0801 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thnak you ladies it is nice to hear I can do it and that I am not alone.
  • SweetBasil35
    SweetBasil35 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi Carey! I'd be happy to be part of your support system. I'll send you a request. Welcome!
  • fcruz16
    fcruz16 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Carey! Im new at this and also have a 1 year old.
  • Snotori
    Snotori Posts: 156
    Options
    Welcome sending you a friend request support is just around the corner. I use to eat loads of junk food as well but found other things to eat instead cause I'm sorry but I'm a snacker lol and had to find healthier things to eat. Now I do occasionally turn to bad things but this site has taught me that if I want the bad things I have to work for them rofl. I know the first several days are hard and I can't say it gets easier but take it 1 day at a time and smile at the end of the day when you've reached your goal under :)
  • rhodenizer
    rhodenizer Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey there, only you can make the change, having the support is wonderful if you use it to the fullest. Don't look ahead just deal with the now. Right now I want another cookie, but I am going to go walk the dog instead and that thought will pass. Act right away to move away from what you know will make you feel bad in the long run. And having said that I am going to leave this key board and go walk my dogs, because I have already broken down and had one cookie.
  • BellaBumbles
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I'm great at support. Anyone can add me. Good luck everyone!
  • shedghes
    shedghes Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just started 3 weeks ago. I want to make this lifestyle change for my children also. I have a 10, 8 and 14 month old. My little one is a hand full and I want to be able to keep up with him. I'm here to offer support and motivation to you.
  • Kalebsmommy424
    Kalebsmommy424 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We are all here to help one another! Please feel free to add me
  • stacey1172
    stacey1172 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    the great thing about mfp is you're never alone- there are some amazing people on here who are always willing to help, swap stories and provide the motivational support you need. You sound like you're really ready this time- good luck!!! I will add you as well- feel free to reach out if you need anything :)
  • angelakj23
    angelakj23 Posts: 51
    Options
    I am also in need of support and starting out again for the upteenth million time. We can all do this together!:bigsmile:
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Welcome, using MFP has really helped me and I'm sure it will help you too, add me we can encourage each other!
  • lucy_1984
    lucy_1984 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi

Ive just joined MFP too and in need of support, it looks a great support network hear and it would be nice to share our journeys along the way too.

Feel free to add me i will always help and support as much as i can.
  • wingchee511
    Options
    Hi

I just joined MFP and would love the support too. I had a stroke a year ago, and am trying to get back into shape. Feel free to add me - I hope I can provide some support where I can as well.

Thank you!!!!
  • goatspicy
    goatspicy Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Carey,

I just started this yesterday and I know exactly how you feel and it feels horrible - I want to feel great. I know someone who has been doing myfitnesspal for about 4 month now and dropped from a size 18 t a 12! She told me the real key is the exercise, combined with the healthy eating. I HAVE to do this - I'm not sure what 'adding' is? But please feel free to and if anyone else would be kind enough to add me, I'd really, really appreciate it - the support is so important - thanks everyone. So so glad to have found this site!