Yummy meals

Options
For breakfast I usually have Special K Satisfaction or Kashi go lean crunch which is amazing... just tried it a week ago and I LOVE it. Sometimes eating cereal for breakfast gets a little boring though. I work in daycare so I am able to make time to prepare food in the mornings and what not. What do you eat in the morning that is healthy and yummy? Breakfast usually isn't a big deal but for lunch I never know what to eat. I need some ideas because when I get frustrated and can't think of anything to eat, I eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, they are my weakness :P Any healthy recipes you know, feel free to share with me :D Thanks :)

Replies

• courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I discovered that I can make a tasty breakfast sandwich in about 5 minutes. I cook up an egg and toast a bagel or english muffin. I throw a piece of cheese on it and then put the egg on, and if I'm feeling frisky I'll add a piece of turkey sausage :happy:

It is seriously fast and it comes out to about 270 cals. Very filling and keeps me full for quite some time. Hope this helps!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    i agree egg and toast in the AM is the way to go.
    takes about 10 mins...

2 eggs
    sliced veggies (green pepper and onions) tomato if u like
    a pinch of shredded cheese

mix together in a bowl and whisk/beat everything together...
    throw it on a frying pan with EVOO spray or I can't believe its not butter so it doesnt stick
    flip
    and enjoy....
    I also eat a slice of toast with some jelly if i want something sweet.
    and a glass of OJ

keeps me satisfied well into lunch time.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I like 2 scrambled eggs with just some shredded cheese & diced ham for breakfast. it keeps me full all morning.
    For lunch I like a grilled chicken breast (cook several on the weekend so they're ready to go) & lots of raw veggies -
    sweet red peppers, cucumbers, celery, pea pods.
    :heart:
    I need something for lunch I can fix in a hurry without much thinking. I need lunch to be crunchy & filling & not take too long to eat since I only have 30 minutes at the most.
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    I default to egg sammiches as well. I've got a nifty single egg pan that is so cute. Wait, can I call a pan cute and still be manly? *shrug*

Oatmeal is a good alternative to cold cereal too and there are a lot of decent flavored oatmeals that are pretty good for ya. Kashi makes a few that I like. During the weekdays I'll usually do scrambled eggs with mushroom, onion, and bell peppers and a bowl of oatmeal.

Edit: On the lunch part of it... well breakfast works for any time of the day but you could get yourself some tasty lean deli meat. I'm partial to roast beast. My default lunch though. Grilled cheese and tomato soup. Just get the low sodium soup and 2% or fat free cheese and go easy on the butter/margarine/whatever.
  • r_u_learn
    Options
    It sounds as if you need help with a healthy lunch. Salads are great, add some tuna for the protien, you can put it all in between two slices to make it into a sandwich. If you can take a drink that is yummy & some oatmeal on the side (blended to make it into a powder), mix the juice and oatmeal at lunch time, you will get full and it's all healthy. I used to do nuts but they seem to have too many calories. Good luck!
  • MeganFex
    Options
    Thank you everyone and GreenEyedMonster calling a pan cute.. isn't all that manly but that's okay!! Guys can get away with a few not so manly moments in their life! lol