Weighing In

Options
When is the 'perfect' time during the day to weigh yourself? Also, is there a 'perfect' day to weigh yourself on?

Does eating or drinking before a weigh-in affect your weight? What should you do when your weight loss stops, what does that mean?

Sorry if this is already posted. No trolls please. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Ritzbrit
    Ritzbrit Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, after you pee, and completely naked. That is your true weight. I weigh myself everyday but only write it down here once a week but I also don't fret if it goes up or down a little each day because your body will fluctuate up to 5 pounds depending on water weight or what you ate (so yes, food and drink will effect it). Find a day that works for you to weigh in, mine happens to be Wednesday just because I bought my scale on a Wednesday. If your weight stops, it means your at a plateau which could be caused by multiple things, not eating enough, body is bored of exercise routine, etc.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    there are a bunch of posts on this topic, but basically, you just want to weigh yourself the same way every time as much as possible. The easiest to control time is first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom and before eating anything. As far as day of the week - probably it will depend on your lifestyle, but probably doesn't matter. If you tend to go out to eat a lot on the weekends, for example, it might take you a few days to quit retaining water, so Mondays might be a little higher than say Thursday. However, if you are planning to weigh once a week and you do it on the same day every week it won't matter.
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday right after I wake up and pee. I generally don't log a gain or loss unless it stays the same for 2-3 days
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    What? No trolls? Dang it! Ok. What they said, but wait an extra day after a good workout due to the bloat.
  • hdueretta
    hdueretta Posts: 5
    Options
    My last post got locked due to trolls. :smile:
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    My last post got locked due to trolls. :smile:
    Ah that one was yours, eh? Well, better luck with this one lol