Running Sneakers of Choice and distance used

Options
Hi ,just wondering What your running sneakers of choice is and how many miles you use them a week. Always looking to switch it up or improve my comfort and endurance. There are so many options out there I'm sure there are alternatives

Nike+ lunar glide series - 20 miles per week. No Blisters and has a nice cushion for those 8-10 mile runs.

Replies

• Ddkrause
    Ddkrause Posts: 15
    Options
    Just bought Nike Pro Max+ 90, have not tried them but am excited to start!!
  • normaleverydaymom
    Options
    definitely choose your choose based on your foot type & needs (over-pronator, supinator, neutral foot). Always lift the insole up & peek at what type of last is in the shoe (board, slip, combo) and that will help guide you on if that shoe is good for you. Runner's World mag does a pretty good job of describing some of this and many physical therapy sites will give you info about this. Personally I like the Asics line... If over-pronator the 2170 and if neutral to mild over-pronator then the Gel Nimbus.
  • bicoastalgirl
    bicoastalgirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i use brooks adrenaline. fitted at a running store. i run 3-4 miles at a time.
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Nike zoom structure +15, recently purchased, they are pretty comfortable. I seem to need to break them in though. Averaging about 20 - 30 km a week. Depending on the wether it is riding weather.
  • kleverkira
    kleverkira Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Brooks - currently rotating between the Glycerin 8s, PureFlows, and Launch for about 25 a week.
  • cjmas
    cjmas Posts: 63
    Options
    I use Asics (Gel Nimbus) per the recommendation of a running store that analyzed my stride. Typically, I run between 4-5 miles at a stretch and have done a half marathon/sprint triathlons using them. I like them, but you should find out what works best for your foot/stride.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Asics here. Only doing 5ks so far (or at least, I was before this ridiculous two-week illness). 15k a week.
  • chelebe
    chelebe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    K swiss tubes. I like them so much I bought a pair to wear to work. I am a nurses and walk all day. My feet don't hurt at the end of the day.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I'm increasing mileage - am at about 25 miles a week now.

I run in Brooks Ravenna's - I'm a mild overpronator. I used to run in Brooks Defyance, but found I needed just a bit more stability.
  • philfinallyfit
    philfinallyfit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    After lots and lots of trial and error (money...injuries too), I have arrived at long last with the Asics Cumulus. Running in some Cumulus 12's now and just bought a fresh pair of Cumulus 13's on sale. Go to a specialty running store and get fitted though. Don't do what I did! :sad: :grumble:
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    asics 2160. fitted at running store. needed for arch support. on my 3rd pair. run anywhere from 3mi to half marathon distance without blisters/problems.
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I heart my Asics and currently in my shopping cart are:

Ascics GEL-Neo33

and because I want to try them

Nike LunarGlide+ 3

Anyone have a review on the LunarGlides? Are they narrow? I have to order mine in because I have a hard time finding my size where I live
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Asics 2170's!! I run between 5 and 8 miles 4-5 days a week. My long run is 12-14 miles. I have a neutral foot.
  • mecmic
    mecmic Posts: 45
    Options
    Wow So many ! I definitely need to find one of these run analyzers in NY !
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Just had a gait analysis done at a running store and purchased a pair of Adidas Supernova Glide 4's. I haven't run in them yet, but my usual mileage is around 15 miles/week.
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Brooks Adrenaline! I have strayed twice and regret it! I am a fan for life!
  • jts10
    jts10 Posts: 37
    Options
    Brooks = love. I've ran everywhere from 3 - 10 miles at a time in them and have loved them on each run.

However, I would 100% recommend going to a store that specializes in running shoes. They might be a bit more pricey, but someone will accurately fit your feet, watch you run, and give you the best pair of shoes that will fit you best when you are running. Shoes are a long term commitment :)

In a few months when you have gotten a lot of miles on them and need new shoes, then you can turn to a typical shoe store and find running shoes that are a little more in your price range since you'll already know how they fit! :)

Hope that was helpful, but again -- definitely go to a running store!
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    I use Saucony Powergrid Triumph 9- bought them @ Jackrabbit Sports in NYC. I highly recommend going to a store where they let you test your sneakers on a treadmil before purchase and analyze your stride. I run around 25 miles a week and these have been great for me.
  • _Dan_
    _Dan_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have Reebok RealFlex shoes that I run on the treadmill about 10 miles a week, and I have a set of Asics for trail running... The Reeboks are really light, airy, and comfortable... the Asics are a little heavier, but they're trail runners.
  • cjcolorado
    cjcolorado Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I run about 30-35 mpw on mixed surfaces and generally use Nike Lunarglides (pictured in my av), which I've liked since they first came out. I rotate in Saucony Kinvara's, Brooks PureConnect and a couple different pairs of trail shoes when I need to (Keen and Pearl Izumi), though I often wear the Nikes on the trail, too. I like that the Lunarglides are on the lighter side, but still cushioned and just a bit stabilized for a bit of foot rotation. Oh, and they tend to last a bit longer than other Nikes and other more minimal shoes I've used (like the Saucony Kinvaras....if those were as durable as Nikes, I'd probably wear them more often, since they're lighter).