Annular Solar Eclipse Singularity, did you see it?

Options
ImNotThatBob
ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
7238258968_bd734ae51c_z.jpg

This is the upside down reversed image captured off the lens flare of my camera.

Pretty cool!

Anyone else see anything (besides sunspots LOL).. No singularity in El Paso TX, just a crescent.

Still cool though.

Nasa Video here: http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/videogallery/index.html?collection_id=14483&media_id=143918651&module=homepage

Replies

• nray3119
    nray3119 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    wow thats beautiful!!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    We didn't go outside to watch....but the light got very weird for a while when it was happening. Very cool!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I did. Half the apartment complex was in the parking lot passing around the special sunglasses to see it
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    We did! On our side of the world there was lots of cloud cover. Even I hadn't bought the glasses, I could look at it most of the time for that reason. Neat. I have a picture but not a picture site to load it from. Sorry.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Yeah... I'm seeing it! :glasses:
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    We did! On our side of the world there was lots of cloud cover. Even I hadn't bought the glasses, I could look at it most of the time for that reason. Neat. I have a picture but not a picture site to load it from. Sorry.

If you have a google or facebook or yahoo account you can log into flikr.com and link to it from there.
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Saw it; it was amazing :happy:

9821387.png
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Saw it, clear skies...really cool...
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    oh wow!!!! I missed it.:grumble:
  • jfort1988
    jfort1988 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I didn't thanks to rain from Alberto...
  • Koalaboo
    Koalaboo Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Too cool!
  • SlowlyLosingLolita
    SlowlyLosingLolita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I live in Washington State close to Seattle. So, we had buckets of rain.
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I saw the partical using my 12-inch dobsonian with a 20 mm wide field eyepiece projecting an image on a white board. I could pick out lunar mountains and craters on the shadow edge, and a sunspot on the sun. It was cool, as all celestial events are.