Belly Fat...How do you get rid of it?

Options

Replies

• krmina7
    krmina7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but your wrong... and you don't need to be rude.. I was just trying to help

http://www.livestrong.com/article/493051-does-fish-oil-help-you-lose-belly-fat/

Reading is good...
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Omega-3 has a range of health benefits and may help against inflammation, coronary heart disease, cancer and also helps increase fat loss.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/493051-does-fish-oil-help-you-lose-belly-fat/#ixzz1vd8zIIwn

Nowhere in this article does it proof that omega 3 targets specifiaclly belly fat as opposed to butt fat or arm fat.... misleading title and then nothing more.....
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    While this is from an incredibly reliable resource (one of the best, IMO), it's from 2007.

I would suspect that if the information were no longer accurate, Alan would pull it from the site.

http://alanaragon.com/fish-oil.html
  • rob021880
    rob021880 Posts: 28
    Options
    i had looked this up earlier. a lot of articles were saying Cardio, low carbs, and staiying away from sugar... like everyone else is saying..
  • manospeed
    manospeed Posts: 5
    Options
    Calculate your BMR then deduct 500 calories from your daily caloric intake and you will be losing 1lbs per week with no exercise. If you add the calories burned from working out your weight loss will be even greater.
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Running................

I am losing my mid section, still more to go... but running and watching my intake has been working
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    higher cardio is how. Here's an example... ever seen someone soo skinny they have no abs? cardio is key.

eat right, not less.

spot reduction is a myth. cardio burns calories faster so since summer is comming, swim, bike ride, cardio isn't just running.

AND... ever seen those sad commercials with the malnurished insanely skinny kids with big bellies....

just saying... CARDIO
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, so just keep eating at a deficit and it will come off.

Sure you can but its going to cost ya. Lyposuction is the best spot reducer known to man. :laugh:
  • cgarza34
    cgarza34 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi- have you tried eating (6 times) a day-all small portions, Keep it up -what your doing just takes time.
    Cardio, Weight training, lots of water, eating healthy.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone, you can't spot reduce. Some things you can do are strength training for your core. Planks,crunches, etc. it WILL NOT reduce the fat(the only way to do that is to be in a caloric deficit) it WILL strengthen your core and help you tighten up your muscles under the fat (for now.)
  • ahsats
    ahsats Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but your wrong... and you don't need to be rude.. I was just trying to help

Reading is good...

I used to get paid to write crappy articles for livestrong & eHow in which I picked dumb questions out of a queue and researched them in 10 minutes by googling and using wikipedia. Sooo I wouldn't use either of them as a reliable source.
  • jonzin707
    jonzin707 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    im having the same issue also! the info here helps. this week i have added salmon, basa fish and more veggies and some more intensive strengh training in my abs and legs area
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Think of fat being like a wet sponge. You can't dry one corner while the rest of it is still wet. Cardio, heavy weights, eating clean.

This
  • Blondeone10
    Blondeone10 Posts: 21
    Options
    I have been reading about gluteen free foods. Sometimes I don't eat any pasta or breads, but it goes in phases.
  • Billybea
    Billybea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I heard planks are great!!!
  • astrampe
    Options

Reading is good...

I was not rude, and I agree, reading is good - that's why you should have read the article - it does not say omega 3 reduces belly fat, it said it's good for losing fat..... Understanding is good too....
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Reading is good...

I was not rude, and I agree, reading is good - that's why you should have read the article - it does not say omega 3 reduces belly fat, it said it's good for losing fat..... Understanding is good too....

And to add to this - from what I can see (may have missed it though) none of the quoted sources in the livestrong article actually mentions that it is even good for losing fat. The quoted studies reference helpng 'good' cholesterol and a bunch of other benefits, but not about losing fat - so I am not sure where that came from.

ETA: and you were not rude at all.
  • gabyks
    gabyks Posts: 9
    Options
    Just one small caveat. While I agree that you can't target one area for fat-reduction, it's also true that untoned muscles can make the belly appear more fat. My shape improves dramatically when I really focus on my core--even when I'm not losing significant amounts of weight. In other words, I can definitely target and lose inches around my abdomen without a big reduction in fat. That said, I'm also working on reducing fat, with the same basic principles others here recommend: cardio, weights, and eating well.
  • TphTeh
    TphTeh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good point!:smile:
  • astrampe
    Options

ETA: and you were not rude at all.
    Thanks!