When do you stop eating peanuts or any nuts.

Options
SanyamKaushik
SanyamKaushik Posts: 215 Member
Hiya,

When you start eating peanuts or any nuts, when do you say to yourself, enough and don't have any more of it?
I'm too embarrassed to tell mine. :embarassed:

Replies

• liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I have a 40 peanut per day limit but I don't eat them everyday either.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I weigh out one serving, and then I usually have one more, and that's it. I can eat a whole jar. But, that was the old me.
  • SanyamKaushik
    Options
    I have the pack in my office drawer.. Imagine how hard it can be when you taste it and you know its there.
    I'm now thinking of keeping it in my office fridge. Atleast going there specifically for peanuts might stop me :D
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I have the pack in my office drawer.. Imagine how hard it can be when you taste it and you know its there.
    I'm now thinking of keeping it in my office fridge. Atleast going there specifically for peanuts might stop me :D

A pack? I have a whole jar in my cube, lol.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I usuallty have 2 measured servings in my office. If I bring the whole jar I won't stop :noway:
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    When I was diagnosed with Crohn's and my Doc said I should quit eating nuts unless I was cool with losing body parts, I figured it was time to put the jar down.

I miss you peanut butter.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I eat almonds daily. I weigh an ounce and eat it and that's it.
  • SanyamKaushik
    Options
    I usuallty have 2 measured servings in my office. If I bring the whole jar I won't stop :noway:

Hmm. that might do the trick for me... May be i need the cling film to make 10g servings :)
  • missprincessjenny
    missprincessjenny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I eat a palm full of them. Which turns out to be about 20-26 nuts. I only eat nuts. Not peanuts.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    When I finish the amount I have prelogged and measured out.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I weigh a serving......When I am done with that I stop...Unless I decide to have another serving.
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm buying pistachios (shelled, actually cheaper than with the shell at Cosco) and using a measuring cup to put servings into snack sized ziplock bags - and eat one serving at a time.
  • strandedj
    strandedj Posts: 128
    Options
    I have a jar a work, and it really is hard to resist having larger portions than planned!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I have a big container of almonds beside my desk. I count them out and eat that many.
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    When I'm full? :)
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Whether it's nuts or peanut butter. I weigh out the serving size, put them in the appropiate container. And stop eating them when they're gone.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I have little tuppaware containers that hold serves of that sort of thing (2, 30, 50g etc) and only take what I need with me. It's not so tempting if you consciously log each container, and my OCD means I won't split the containers either :laugh:
  • JanisC59
    JanisC59 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I buy the individual packs of salted peanuts that have .8 oz of peanuts. Made by Lance. I get them at the Dollar Tree - 6 in a pack. Otherwise I eat too many. This is my portion control.:smooched: :love:
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    When I finish the amount I have prelogged and measured out.
    Yep, this about sums it up!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    bag them up ahead of time! If I had a whole jar in front of me.... no good.