ANY YUMMY, MOUTH-WATERING VEGGIE/TOFU BURGER RECIPES???

Options
taahine01
taahine01 Posts: 120 Member
Hey everyone, one of our biggest downfalls are burgers....we just love them, especially grilling at the beach or by the pool.......the juicier and tastier, the better.....

Anyway, we've been trying to cut back big time on eating beef so I was wondering if anyone had a a real good and "tried it and loved it" recipe for veggie/tofu/mushroom burgers that are so chockful of flavor it'll make your tastebuds explode!!! This way, we'll still get our burger fix but without all the added calories and stuff that comes with it....

Thanks a lot and hope to find some real good ones....:happy:

Replies

• WonderWomanDawn
    Options
    i havent tried any burger recipes out...but i think i am going to try making portabella mushroom burgers...my oldest wants me to make them...i just have to hope that my other 2 girls and my husband will be willing to give them a try...i have seen them done with a balsamic vinegar based marinade and then grilled real well.....my other favorite veggie recipe (no burger involved) is oven roasted veggies...eggplant diced, 2 small yellow squash and zucchini diced and a cut up red onion...all tossed with some olive oil (enough to coat lightly), seasoned with some pepper, onion and garlic powder...all roasted at 375 degrees and they are done when you everything is soft and cooked all the way through...i like to roast them until the skin on the eggplant is roasted .
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I love boca burgers. I put them on a whole wheat bun with lettuce tomato onion and ketchup! AMAZING!
  • taahine01
    Options
    Wonderwoman - I love grilled veggies too and your recipe sounds yummy.....What about your portabella mushroom burger??.....mushroom burgers are always yummy so let me know how that turns out....

Bakerchk - I haven't tried boca burgers yet but thanks for the tip!! :):)
  • DeccyG
    DeccyG Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, just joined the site and have been browsing the forums. I love burgers too, its a shame there are so many calories and fat in the beef ones. I found this page which has loads of recipies for veggie burgers, I have tried a couple of them and they turned out great.
    Here is the link if you want to check it out
    http://www.squidoo.com/best-veggie-burger-recipes
  • PaulJRaymond
    PaulJRaymond Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi, just joined the site and have been browsing the forums. I love burgers too, its a shame there are so many calories and fat in the beef ones. I found this page which has loads of recipies for veggie burgers, I have tried a couple of them and they turned out great.
    Here is the link if you want to check it out
    http://www.squidoo.com/best-veggie-burger-recipes

I'm thinking this thread is dead now, as that web site has the whole question sorted. Thank you for the link!
  • taahine01
    Options
    Thanks DeccyG for that link......will def check it out and see which ones to try.....thanks again!!! :):)