Breakfast advice?

Options
I have 3 small kids and really no time for breakfast..I guess im gonna have to start getting up before them instead of letting them wake me up, so I have time to make breakfast for myself..and eat it. I really don't know what to eat though..other then eggs! I am not dieting, im eating healthy. Fruits, veges, chicken breasts, some red meat, as little grains as possible (yes i mean whole grains) as little breads as possible, as little dairy as possible. Basically Im kind of eating paleo, but not strict. I'll eat some stuff with sugar in it..i'll eat a little cheese. I just don't want anyone to tell me to have yogurt, or oatmeal, or a bagel lol so any advice?

Replies

• Cyphio
    Cyphio Posts: 20
    Options
    Paleo type eating for breakfast can be tough. Just remember that breakfast is like any other meal it just happens to be in the morning, so eating smoked salmon or something similar can be an option. I had a friend who ate Paleo for breakfast and she made something called omelet muffins. It still involves eggs but you can make it ahead of time, perhaps over the weekend. Recipes for them are fairly plentiful over the internet.
  • myhusbandletsme
    myhusbandletsme Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Take 1 cup steel cut oats and mix with 3 cups water and a pinch of salt - cook for 15- 20 min. Then I divide between 3 covered tupperware containers, add some dried fruit. Then I have breakfast for 3 days - I like it hot or cold, add a little brown sugar if you like
  • sianlindsay731
    Options
    I know it's not exciting but hard-boiled eggs are quick, either if you buy them already done (Eggland's Best) or do them yourself in the evening. They keep for a week and with some ketchup, S&P, and a piece of fruit, it takes all of 3 minutes to eat and prepare.