Ninja vs. Magic Bullet?

Options
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm hoping I'll get some great feedback, regardless!

I'm interested in getting a really good blender to start making both fruit and vegetable smoothies. My current blender works great for fruit smoothies, but doesn't seem strong enough to handle more fibrous veggies. I'd prefer to use a blender (vs. a juicer), so I can retain as much fiber as possible.

The top two that I've seen are the Ninja & the Magic Bullet. Does anyone have any suggesstions, recommendations, or user experiences for either of these?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Replies

• justinamay0535
    justinamay0535 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I dont know if what Im about to say will be much help but I own the ninja food processor(the smaller size) and its amazing!! So my vote would be the Ninja just because my little-food-processor-that-could rocks!
  • caro155
    caro155 Posts: 15
    Options
    I have the Magic Bullet and it is good. Shockingly enough, I've found that SuperStore (President's Choice brand) had a personal blender for $20 that is just as good, and even better than the Bullet!
  • Laurawash30
    Options
    I have both ... Go with he magic bullet because they do the same thing and it does not take up all kinds of room!!!
  • winonajosephine
    winonajosephine Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have the ninja blender/food processer set and they work wonderfully! :bigsmile:
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have the Magic Bullet. Put it this way: I used it for pureeing veggies for my toddler when he was first starting solids. It does a great job on my protein shakes, too. We like it enough that we bought a second one for the base to keep at my husband's office so that he can have protein shakes for lunch, too.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja, but prefer my Cuisinart full size blender. It does anything I ask!
  • MrsJansen
    MrsJansen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have the Ninja and I love it but I would also like the bullet. Sometimes you dont need a full size blender for certain dishes.
  • JBearsMom21
    JBearsMom21 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    We have both. The magic bullet is a great lil blender for the price and should suit you well for just smoothies and juices ( I also make baby food in it).The ninja is really awesome though for processing , folding dough , and juicing/smoothies. It is more of an all around kitchen tool. If you have the money I would say get the ninja because you can use it for so much more than just smoothies and juicing. But it your sole purpose is just that , the magic bullet should be just fine :)
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Vitamix :wink:
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i liked my bullet until it broke after about 3months.... so i bought a new one and that one broke in about 3 weeks :grumble:
  • Ashleyann72
    Ashleyann72 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I had both. I got rid of the magic bullet and kept the Ninja. It's faster and it crushes ice better.
  • CCulshaw
    CCulshaw Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Vitamix is a little out of my price range, unfortunately! :smile:
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I use my Magic Bullet every day!! LOVE IT!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    TheFreeDictionary.com defines a ninja as:

"A member of a class of 14th-century Japanese mercenary agents who were trained in the martial arts and hired for covert operations such as assassination and sabotage."

I mean, these are seriously bad-*kitten* dudes.

However, when struck by even a regular bullet, can still be killed. I'd have to guess that a magic bullet would be even more lethal.

So, assuming the person shooting the magic bullet is a decent shot, I'd have to go with magic bullet. If not, then I'm definitely backing the ninja.

Weird question to ask a diet and weight loss forum though.
  • CCulshaw
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of the great feedback!

I have a small single serving personal blender I "won" during a holiday gift exchange at my office & that works just fine for smaller, simple jobs. However, I only have a very small food processor, which is really tough on the rare occasion I make my favorite pumpkin soup. So I think the ninja is starting to win out.... Although, I'm loving this feedback - you are all awesome!

:flowerforyou:
  • CCulshaw
    Options
    TheFreeDictionary.com defines a ninja as:

"A member of a class of 14th-century Japanese mercenary agents who were trained in the martial arts and hired for covert operations such as assassination and sabotage."

I mean, these are seriously bad-*kitten* dudes.

However, when struck by even a regular bullet, can still be killed. I'd have to guess that a magic bullet would be even more lethal.

So, assuming the person shooting the magic bullet is a decent shot, I'd have to go with magic bullet. If not, then I'm definitely backing the ninja.

Weird question to ask a diet and weight loss forum though.

I have had an amusing day today, but this ^^ is, by far, my favorite thing that's made me laugh!! :laugh:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja, but prefer my Cuisinart full size blender. It does anything I ask!

I have a Ninja that came w/ 3 single serving cups, and a full size blender / mixer thingy.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    My grandfather gave me a Magic Bullet. Never thought I'd use it but I love it! It beats a full size blender for clean-up. I use it primarily for my protein shakes. That's about all.
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I bought a bullet today, I really like it. I've only used it twice though lol. I only need it for protein shakes and simple smoothies for the kids, so it's perfect.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

Vitamix is a little out of my price range, unfortunately! :smile:
    QVC = easy pay :drinker: