Body media FIT or Fitbit?

Options
I'm wondering which of these I would like better. I lift heavy 2-3 times a week, and throw in some cardio 2, sometimes 3, times a week.

Any thoughts? Do you prefer one over the other?

Replies

• Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    you and I have the same workout schedule...curious to see what ppl say.
  • linnettbenson
    linnettbenson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have and use a Fitbit. I love it but it counts steps. When you are weight lifting you are not moving enough for it to register much. You can go on the website and add an activity record and it will adust to accomidate for that.
    Neither one of the devices you've mentioned are heart monitor. So you are not going to get that kind of information from either device.
    As I've said, I use the Fitbit and really like it. I have seen other postings and the biggest con between the two seems to be the fact that the Body Media can cause skin irritation, some reports were pretty severe. Another minus is that the website is subscription base. So you have to fork out for the device and then pay monthly for the website.
    The biggest con to the Fitbit that I have come across, is that you can forget that you have it on and place your clothes in the wash. Did I mention that the Fitbit is not waterproof. I have been very lucky once but I suspect I won't be again.
    I like that I now know how many calories I am burning and how many I consume. It is the final piece to the puzzle for me.
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. :-)
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    The BodyMedia Fit will monitor your calorie burns while lifting so that may be the way to go. Or an HRM.

I love my BodyMedia Fit, love knowing how much my body is burning.
  • deeja82176
    deeja82176 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering which of these I would like better. I lift heavy 2-3 times a week, and throw in some cardio 2, sometimes 3, times a week.

Any thoughts? Do you prefer one over the other?

I do the same work out(lift heavy 3 times a week & Cardio 2-3 times a week). Waiting eagerly for responses :tongue: