FitBit...

Options
So is it REALLY worth it or not? I'm considering on buying one, but unsure.. Feedback, please?

Replies

• Lmwilki
    Lmwilki Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love mine, it's addictive. I definately have been more active since using it. I am constantly checking it and trying to up my fitness level. If I hit 5000 steps I try to hit 6000, once I hit 6000 I push to 7000 and so on.
  • crystaldougherty
    crystaldougherty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    So is it worth the price, or is it too pricey still?
  • tsmothers45
    Options
    It has been totally worth it for me. It helps keep me accountable to myself and gives me goals to hit. To me the fitbit has been worth every penny!
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    For me it was worth the price, but I bought it using our credit card reward points. I guess it depends on what you are looking for. I wanted a way to see a closer to true total daily calorie burn. That is the reason I got it, but since getting it the other positives are listed below.

- The daily goals for steps and miles are very motivating. I find myself walking around my apartment at night trying to hit one of those goals
    - The little flower growing taller when you are active is motivating
    - It encourages you with little phrases. Mine told me that I rock last night
    - I love seeing the calorie burn throughout the day. I am now able to see my true deficit on a daily basis and track that with where my weight lands.

It is really a personal choice, but if you are looking for a bit of motivation this helps.
  • tcat2012
    tcat2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your budget. If $100 is a lot for you and if you've already got an HRM then I don't think it's worth it...I've only had mine about a week and got it to calculate my TDEE (so I can experiment with increasing my calories). As it turns out, the fitbit stats are not much off from what I've been getting using plain online calculators. It was surprising, though, to see that I do a lot more walking at work than I thought I did as I've always got about 7,000 steps on it by the end of my work day. Still, the online calculators were pretty close in TDEE to the fitbit. Looking at your ticker, it seems like you've been doing a fine job without one...so it may not be worth it to you. I think for sedentary people it will definitely motivate them to get more active as it certainly makes you more aware of how much time you spend sedentary, active, lightely active, etc. (gives you a pie chart every day). . It does not accurately calculate calories burned during non-stepping cardio or strength training, so if most of your exercise comes from that (as mine does) its not that helpful. But it is kind of fun.
  • markmeus
    markmeus Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've ordered one, just because I hate logging stuff manually, and so it will hopefully motivate me to get to 10,000 steps.
    I've no idea how many steps i do a day. but with a desk job I doubt it's anywhere near 10,000
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I REALLY want one, but haven't made the leap yet.