getting back on track again

Options
Hello everyone I'm trying to get back down to a nice size 12. I currently weight 200lbs and I'm 5'10". While I don't look very heavy, OMG I can't stand the fact that I can't fit into my cute summer dresses that I could wear the summer of 2010. I can't believe that I allowed myself to gain this much weight. My goal weight is between 158-168. I'm frustrated with myself because a few years ago I weighed myself and saw that I weighed 192lbs and my goal was 165, so I began working out and I got down to 178lbs within 2 months and I just stopped. I hovered around 178-185 for a while and then after I separated from my fiancee and began the "I'm signle and let's hang out with my single female relatives" I began eating out more and more (I didn't eat a lot) however my alcohol intake increased. Now when I look back I'm pissed at myself because I realize that I was only 13lbs from my goal weight and if I had kept on going for another 2 months I would have hit my goal and gotten back into all of the clothes that I've kept (jeans, dress pants, cute dresses). So, here I am now 2 years later getting back in the saddle again.

Thanks for hearing my story!
Pamela

Replies

• alemap67
    alemap67 Posts: 13
    Options
    Wow, I am in the same boat as you...with the same name! I am so frustrated with myself. my worse enemy is the weekend, I do great during the week but come frid/sat/sun it's like I lose control with everything from eating to exercising. We can do this, we know what needs to be done...

Pam
  • krisdev67
    krisdev67 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    LOL, well hell Pam and yes we will do this! I'll be honest I'm typically good just like you until the weekend and I want to have a few beers or a few glasses of wine. The problem is that I ate the same amount of food but also added the calories of the beer and/or wine on Friday-Sunday...or maybe 1-2 days during the week if I skipped a day on the weekend. Then because I don't like being "drunk" I would eat chips, snack foods etc to help with the alcohol...so when I think about it I was adding about what??? 2,000+ calories per week.. So one that I've realized is that either I'm not going to drink (which isn't realistic) so I will only have so many per week and eat with dinner like I used to. Good luck!
  • cali798x
    cali798x Posts: 32
    Options
    I haven't commented on any posts yet until I read this thread. I feel like I connected with you two, although my name is not Pam :-)
    I like my beer/wine/cocktail before and one with dinner almost every night, I don't like to feel drunk either so I will sometimes snack on nuts when I get home with a cool beer or nice glass of wine while Hubby and I talk about our day. Then I would have another with dinner. Apparently I cannot keep doing this because my clothes are tight and I am at my heaviest I have ever been. This program has helped me learn that if I want a glass of wine I need to work out. I hope it really works, this is my first week of really trying the program. I generally feel I eat healthy and now can see by counting my calories and not working out as I know I should has caused me to slowly go down that slippery slope! I am about 25 to 30 lbs off, I am 5'11" and weigh 175 and I am small bone and used to weigh 150 in my 20's....hoping I can get back to that weight someday...one step at a time...we can do it!
  • krisdev67
    krisdev67 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    We can, such a shame that alcohol can add pounds on us. However some alcoholics are skinny, I guess it's because they don't eat. But yeah I truly enjoy my drinks as a way of relaxing. Now I typically don't have one daily but I do drink at least 3 days per week. Like 1-3 drinks depending on my mood. Sometimes I'll come home and 1 glass will do it, others 2 or 3 and then I don't want anymore until a few days later. But yeah part of my issue was that I began going out to eat with my female relatives 1x week and it was all high calorie and sometimes we'd go 2xs per week. When I think of what we would eat we probably consumer over 3,000 calories each time.

I'm focused and on point now. So far I've come in under calorie count each day since Sunday. I do know that probably tomorrow I need to eat a bit more (calorie) so that it will kick in my metabolism. It's such a slippery slope. When I was in my 20's I was in my 150's as well, but looked great up to 165 ish..maybe 170 as well because of how I'm built. (the small waist big butt....body) I totally loved it and can't wait to get back to myself. I'll be SO happy when I get back to the 18_ again! lol