Post Pregnancy "Overhang" without losing weight??!!!

Options
My sister has a problem whereby she has recently given birth and has now got tummy "overhang" when wearing tight jeans, etc. and doesn't feel as confident in them anymore. Her problem is, she cannot afford to lose anymore weight. She is on weight gain drinks to maintain her weight as she is underweight and has trouble gaining...

She doesn't want to lose weight, but just wants to lose the "overhang" and excess skin...

Does anyone know of any ideas to get rid of this without losing any weight? Any exercises or something?

Any suggestions would be most appreciated as my sister really would like to fit comfortably back into her jeans, but just needs to lose the extra skin/overhang... without losing any weight....

Replies

• Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    Options
    As a Mum of three, I know that the tummy never really gets back to how it used to be, unless it was very toned etc before and during the pregnancy. It will improve with time and exercise but having babies does tend to permanently change your body one way or the other. If it's still really bad after six months to a year, your sister could always consult a cosmetic surgeon...but I would give it plenty of time to shrink on it's own.
  • Heather2784
    Heather2784 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Time will help some. And so won't some toning. Some people actually need surgery to remove excess skin. It all has to do with the body's make up and skins elasticity as to whether it will/won't shrink back up.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids, but I heard that lifting weights can help this problem. It might also help her bulk up a little since you said she is underweight.
  • maddiedog22
    maddiedog22 Posts: 116
    Options
    Time. I have two babies. But I was very fit before so my belly has sorta gone back BUT I do have very loose skin the isn't obvious just by looking at my belly. But planks and cardio and strength training. Nothing is wrong with doin exercise and as far as trying to maintain she just needs to make sure her calorie intake is high enough
  • spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Cool thanks heaps. I thought most of these things as well, but wanted confirmation so she doesn't think I'm just harping on about strength and time...

She sees a dietician to put on weight but it's very slow and she's still losing it after having the baby, though can't afford to lose much more!

Thanks heaps :)