Falling Asleep at the Movies

Options
dbanks80
dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
Do you fall asleep at the movies?

Every time hubby takes me to the movies I fall asleep!! I can't help it! As soon as the lights go out 15 mins later my eyelids get heavy and I start snorng!! My hubby will only take me to the early shows because it's cheaper and he doesnt waste that much money on me!!!

I fell asleep on the Avengers (Loud action movie). Dark Shadows!!! WTF!!! LOL!!!

Replies

• hilarydurst
    hilarydurst Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Wow.. I was beginning to think that it was only me that did that. I've fallen asleep during the Smurfs and the Avengers. My daughter had to nudge me to wake me up lol. Glad I'm not the only one lol
  • jjjohnson31
    jjjohnson31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That's an expensive nap.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I can only think of one movie where I fell asleep in the theater - the recent remake of Alice In Wonderland, with Johnny Depp.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I fell asleep during Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. Of course, we had just flown from AZ to Germany the day before.
  • dbanks80
    Options
    That's an expensive nap.

Hell yeah it is, which is why he only takes me to the matinee showing. And when i do fall alseep he nudges me and I have the nerve to get cranky cuz he is waking me up!!!! LOL!!!
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I only fall asleep when driving home. (or when watching a movie I want to see in bed)
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    maybe you should rent movies instead
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I always fall asleep at the movies, no matter how badly I want to see them. My husband knows to watch me just in case haha. That's part of the reason I get popcorn too, so that I'm doing something.
  • BubbleGumKisses
    BubbleGumKisses Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    <<~~~Guilty.... Boyfriend hates it.... But I really can't help it! It gets dark, I sleep... everytime... I do it in the car too, whenever we're going somewhere... car starts moving, I fall asleep... LOL
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    do u eat popcorn or soda?..i used t fall alseep through EVERY movie ..until i realized i had high sugar and thats what set me to sleep ..now i avoid anything more than a small popcorn and diet soda.....and im fine
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I have only ever fallen asleep at the movies once. It was a double feature... The first movie was Erin Brokavich...the longest most boring movie ever....the second movie was Pitch Black...lol So of course, the 2nd movie was incredibly dark and made it easy to fall asleep!

I remember the beginning of Pitch Black and that is it... I woke up in time for the credits though! LOL
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I only fall asleep when we watch a movie at home, late in the evening, when I'm already really tired.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    I have plenty of times...one time this girl was really mad because it was a rare instnce where she paid...i dont do midnight screenings either, i will K.O.
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I fell asleep in the middle of the avengers, but I blame the fact that it was about an hour past my regular bedtime and we were at a theater that served cocktails. Zzzzzzzz
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I don't fall asleep at movies but I really tried to fall asleep during Horton Hears A Who. :tongue:
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    There was a two year span a many years back where I alwys fell asleep....I went to the theater to see The Incredibles 3 times....rented it twice..still haven't seen the whole movie.
  • dbanks80
    Options
    do u eat popcorn or soda?..i used t fall alseep through EVERY movie ..until i realized i had high sugar and thats what set me to sleep ..now i avoid anything more than a small popcorn and diet soda.....and im fine

I eat Junior bag of popcorn and water. I'm usally finished during the previews. Movie comes on then BAM!!! Out like a damn light! It's soooo pathetic! LOL!

I should probably try coffee next time! Or tell hubby to slap me but then i might knock him out from reflex LOL!!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    you pretty much summed up why I don't go to the movies...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • AshCakes88
    AshCakes88 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I dozed on Avengers too...for me the cold air just knocks me out.
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I fell asleep during parts of Battleship this weekend. Luckily I didn't snore.