Am I the only woman...

Options
2»

Replies

• Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! That's funny! I can imagine, because my workout gear is so comfy but...

for me its the opposite. On a day like today, I wore my work out gear to work (sort of as a reminder that after work the day is not done, I change into scrubs there...) and now I have them on in preparation to go at 7:00 tn. It kind of tells me, "Hey, don't f@$* up the day b eating like a pig." :) Whatever works..
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I believe it was the philosopher Nike who said, "Just Do It."

:flowerforyou:
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I work out 1st thing in the morning otherwise, it will not get done!!! I will make every excuse not to go if I have to go after work. Also I bought a gym membership for 2 reasons!

1) Working out @ home it's so easy to quit or not work out all together! I don't push myself as hard as I do in the gym.
    2) I hate wasting money, so if I spend the money, I will get my money's worth! It forces me to go to the gym! :laugh:
  • ThisisMiss
    ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    No, I sometimes do it too. I usually make myself do something quick and easy like squats, jumping jacks and whatever else I can think up the minute I realize so that way I don't feel too bad for getting so sidetracked.
  • caro155
    caro155 Posts: 15
    Options
    I only workout when I want to. And when I get that workout-craving, I can't get changed and out the door fast enough! All my other plans are sidelined til I'm done sweating. That being said, when I don't feel like it, all the planning in the world can't get me out the door....
  • DrKittyCat
    DrKittyCat Posts: 108
    Options
    I do something sort of similar. I have weird self-conscious issues about going to the gym, so before I go I will spend about an hour getting ready, trying to look as sexy and glamorous as I can in workout gear. By the time I'm ready, I've already cut into the time I set aside for working out!
  • lisars135
    lisars135 Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you all for the comments and advice. I just have to get over my exercise A.D.D.
  • Penelope2Plyr
    Penelope2Plyr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    At my size, I am having great difficulty in finding any workout clothes that will fit me. UGH! I have ordered online a sports bra - for the second time, and hoping and praying this one will fit. I guess they dont expect us fatties to work out.
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    I dd that yesterday with plans on hitting the gym, until I ended up with two sick kids. So, I did some stuff here at home with handweights and resistance bands.
  • Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    Options
    I've had a crappy cold since Saturday, so I've done almost nothing since then, except for mowing and the usual household neccessities. I don't put my gear on until I am ready to work out and know I have the time to do it. The trainers are comfy but the work out clothes and sports bra...not so much. I couldn't wear it all day.
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I workout daily. My trick: I "reuse" my workout clothes (I work out at home, so as to not gross anyone out!). Anyways, I only put on new gear every other day. Which means 2-3 times a week I SO want to get out of those nasty clothes and take a shower - but I refuse to let myself shower until I get a workout in. Problem solved!
  • Ericia277
    Ericia277 Posts: 10
    Options
    I have to go on my lunch hour or forget it.. God forbid someone ask that I tag along for something that is actually fun... Then I have the little devil on one shoulder and angel on the other fighting with each other..
  • Ericia277
    Ericia277 Posts: 10
    Options
    HAAAAA
  • ToBeSmaller
    ToBeSmaller Posts: 46
    Options
    Actual facebook post rom my past:

"Did i really just come home, put on my work out clothes, grab a bag of chips and sit on the couch? Yes. yes I did. Its been that kind of day and I have zero regrets"

It was quickly followed by at least 20 responses that 'they" do it all the time.

Short answer (i know, too late) NO you are not the only one...
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    That can happen, but what I do is change in my workout clothes before leaving work, and stop at the track and do 3 to 4.5 miles or go straight to the gym. Dont let anything or anyone stop you. But I know its hard if you have little kids and they have to be fed. Thankful its just my time now!!!!