Fitness and Weight Loss, No Preaching

Options
buyer225
buyer225 Posts: 17 Member
It would be nice to have a group that could help each other and not proselytize. There are people here of all kinds of faiths. We are not here to talk or read about other's beliefs. We all want to lose weight and get healthy. I'm sure there are plenty of sites out there for religious interactions. This is not the place.

Replies

• shapcomp
    shapcomp Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I agree! Thanks, Buyer! Note that we are the only two who are responding!! (LOL)
  • CapeCodSheila
    CapeCodSheila Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm replying too. Its irritating when I want to hear about how others are doing with their fitness goals and the preaching isn't about exercise!
  • sansouchi1050
    sansouchi1050 Posts: 137
    Options
    It would be nice to have a group that could help each other and not proselytize. There are people here of all kinds of faiths. We are not here to talk or read about other's beliefs. We all want to lose weight and get healthy. I'm sure there are plenty of sites out there for religious interactions. This is not the place.

I agree this is not be the best place for that topic, but if we are going to focus on why we are here then....I think I could do with less posts about the personal sex lives of some of the members.
    I don't care about what turns you on. I don't care what turns you off. I don't need to know that some one likes overly large penis or DDD breasts. I don't need to know what position keeps your fat from jiggling ( on second thought maybe I do want to read that one):blushing:

There are numerous posts that don't relate to weight loss. I ignore them, or if the poster is very offensive I just click the ignore button. It makes for a much happier me. Plus if I'm all stress out and upset I don't lose weight.

For me personally, no one has ever attempted to change my personal religious views, and I would never try to change a strangers views. If I post that my faith in God has given me strength to improve my body and stay consistent then I hope no one is offended by that. Just like I may share an exercise that worked, my faith is a part of MY success and I think it's OK to say that.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options

I agree this is not be the best place for that topic, but if we are going to focus on why we are here then....I think I could do with less posts about the personal sex lives of some of the members.
    I don't care about what turns you on. I don't care what turns you off. I don't need to know that some one likes overly large penis or DDD breasts. I don't need to know what position keeps your fat from jiggling ( on second thought maybe I do want to read that one):blushing:

There are numerous posts that don't relate to weight loss. I ignore them, or if the poster is very offensive I just click the ignore button. It makes for a much happier me. Plus if I'm all stress out and upset I don't lose weight.

For me personally, no one has ever attempted to change my personal religious views, and I would never try to change a strangers views. If I post that my faith in God has given me strength to improve my body and stay consistent then I hope no one is offended by that. Just like I may share an exercise that worked, my faith is a part of MY success and I think it's OK to say that.

YEAH!
  • buyer225
    Options
    We have a few who agree, Shap. We are not alone!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    But what if my religion is Squatting?
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options

Doggie style.

Seriously though, I'm agnostic, but I find it offensive when Christian's don't try to convert me. How dare they "know" I'm going to hell and not try to save me?!

Try thinking about it that way and it all becomes a compliment!
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    This very topic you started is hypocritical. If you don't like the topics to be on here, the why the **** did you start one?
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    What the crap are you talking about? I have never heard ANYONE start talking about their faith on here (except, for YOU, right now). Perhaps you are reading into things?!

AS ALWAYS: if a content of a post violates MFP terms, REPORT IT. Don't complain about it. Although religion topics aren't strictly prohibited, perhaps they would fall into some other category if they were too pushy.
  • JConstine
    JConstine Posts: 69
    Options
    I've never come across a religious post or topic....
  • calroseangelo
    calroseangelo Posts: 144
    Options
    [/quote]

Completely agree!! Good for you!!
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options

YEAH!
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I think people have the right to their religious beliefs and have the right to try to meet people with similar beliefs on this site. BUT I also feel that there are groups for this also.

With that said I don't think it's okay when people who don't share the same beliefs personally attack others on the message board. It's very passive aggressive and immature. As a friend of my labels it, it is "trolling for trouble" But it goes both ways.
  • serenity216
    Options
    EXACTLY!

YEAH!
  • serenity216
    Options
    Of course one more point...no one is forcing anyone to read any religious topics of friend anyone with religious beliefs, if you don't like it don't read it. I don't remember anything in the My fitness pal rules that says people can't talk about how their faith may help them with their weight loss.

**Stepping off my soapbox now...
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I hear Buddhism is pretty anabolic.
  • buyer225
    Options
    You all have valid points. To be clear, I have never attacked anyone on any board about this. I have read an awful lot of posts that I personally feel are inappropriate on a weight loss site. That is ALL I was trying to say. Everyone can believe in what ever they want. I just feel it doesn't belong here. I wanted to find others who felt the same way so that I could actually find people like minded who are here for 1 reason. I appologize if that offends anyone's sensibilities.

Enough said
  • CapeCodSheila
    CapeCodSheila Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Amen!
  • sansouchi1050
    sansouchi1050 Posts: 137
    Options
    You all have valid points. To be clear, I have never attacked anyone on any board about this. I have read an awful lot of posts that I personally feel are inappropriate on a weight loss site. That is ALL I was trying to say. Everyone can believe in what ever they want. I just feel it doesn't belong here. I wanted to find others who felt the same way so that I could actually find people like minded who are here for 1 reason. I appologize if that offends anyone's sensibilities.

Enough said

No worries from me....my sensibilities were not offended at all :flowerforyou: