Apple cider vinegar for weight loss

Options
Has anyone tried the apple cider vinegar diet (1-2 tbsp mixed with 8oz water before meals)? What were your results?

Replies

• ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Some people swear by it (so it must be true) although from what i remember there is no scientific evidence to suggest it does anything.
  • today6212
    today6212 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i take apple cider suppliments after meals. my stomach goes wild with loud digestive noises. I dont feel full ever just satisfied after eating
  • MelissaZumbaLuv
    MelissaZumbaLuv Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i take apple cider suppliments after meals. my stomach goes wild with loud digestive noises. I dont feel full ever just satisfied after eating
    Has it helped you lose weight?
  • DarkNebula84
    DarkNebula84 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I have been trying really hard the last few days to take it but it is so nasty I can't swallow it :sick: I have added honey and it doesn't help lol.....If you get some just make sure you get organic, unfiltered.
  • MelissaZumbaLuv
    MelissaZumbaLuv Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been trying really hard the last few days to take it but it is so nasty I can't swallow it :sick: I have added honey and it doesn't help lol.....If you get some just make sure you get organic, unfiltered.
    I find it very hard to drink as well (I down it as fast as I can!). I've tried putting it on salads, but I've been far too inconsistent! :/
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to "take" apple cider vinegar (unfiltered and organic) is in a tomato and cucumber salad, red onions and basil + 2T of ACV.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Go to the search option above & type apple cider in there & you will see tons of topics on this that may help answer your questions...I checked it out in the past for info as well...HTH
  • fcbryant75
    fcbryant75 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I drink Bragg's prepared Apple Cider Vinegar drinks. The Ginger Spice flavor has no carbs or sugar and no calories. I drink half of a bottle 4 or 5 times a week. I find that it's great for energy (my husband drinks it before going to the gym) and appetite suppression during the afternoon hours at work when I would otherwise get a little snacky (from the ginger, maybe?). It's been wonderful for my skin, and I continue to drink it for primarily that benefit. I can really tell the difference in my skin when I miss several days in a row. I can't say whether it has helped me lose weight but because of all of the other benefits I will continue regardless. The taste doesn't bother me too much anymore, but they have other flavors that are sweeter and tastier.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I used to take ACV tablets to alkalize my body. Thats probably what some believe will contribute to weight loss.
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    I did it for some time, started to worry about the claims of it eating through your body (paraphrasing)

If you do get some make sure it has mother in it.

Mother is the ugly cobwebs with a creepy name and it scares me....

Good luck, there are pills available too.

I personally would look into other alternatives like green tea or whatever if you suspect you will not be able to sustain it.
  • Dgranias
    Dgranias Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There is also a book about it called Bragg or Braggs and apparently you can find it on the internet. People also swear that they feel a lot healthier by taking it on a daily basis.
  • grammysjana
    Options
    Personally I think it is more of a dieretic so it makes for water weight loss.