Feeling a little discouraged...can this happen?

Options
I weigh myself every morning...I began eating healthy sunday. Before I began I weighed 154 on saturday. Monday morn, after eating healthy sunday, I was 152, this morning, 150..this evening...153! Can I really have gained 3 lbs today!? I weighed myself in the exact same thing I was wearing this morn when I weighed myself so it's not heavier clothes....im guessing it's cause this morn I hadn't eaten or drank anything, and now i've ate 1200 calories and drank a butt load of water..could that be why?

Replies

• angelbaby52585
    Options
    Same thing happens to me. I weigh myself as soon as I get up and after I pee. By the time I'm off work at night my weight goes up 2 to 3 pounds. I hate it.
  • ReneeElizabeth26
    Options
    Weigh your self no more than once a week, same day same time-first thing in the morning after you go to the bathroom and before you eat/drink or work out and make sure your naked. Weight fluctuates daily...its the long term trend of weight not day to day that you are looking for.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Weigh your self no more than once a week, same day same time-first thing in the morning after you go to the bathroom and before you eat/drink or work out and make sure your naked. Weight fluctuates daily...its the long term trend of weight not day to day that you are looking for.

^^ this
  • agaspard85
    agaspard85 Posts: 6
    Options
    First things first, I wouldn't weigh myself everday. Your body weight fluctuates day to day depending on what you eat, water weight, whether you've had a bowel movement or not, etc. The best thing to do is weigh yourself once every 2 weeks. If that's too long, do it once a week. Weigh yourself at the same time on the same day when the day comes to weigh in. Also, I would go by inches as well as pounds. How are your clothes feeling when you put them on? Are those pants feeling a little more loose than the last time you havd them on? Those should be the indicators that you're losing weight. Break free from that scale! it doesn't tell the entire story! Good luck!!!
  • jwatts1202
    jwatts1202 Posts: 26
    Options
    I told myself I was only gonna weigh once a week, but seeing the scale go down every morning keeps me motivated lol I will weigh myself tomorrow morning then no more until next wednesday morning!
  • jwatts1202
    jwatts1202 Posts: 26
    Options

^^ this

Just so you know..Dean Winchester is MINE! :)
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Your weight naturally fluctuates with food intake, water retention, and excrement. It's best to weigh weekly, at the same time of day.

I step on the scale every day too, but I only record once a week. I always remind myself the number will bounce up and down, so only when it's down a significant amount do I get excited :p
  • musicmrse
    musicmrse Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Everyone's weight fluctuates 2 lbs or so from morning to evening. You always weigh your least first thing in the morning. So, pick a time and day once a week or every other week to be your weigh in. They daily weigh in won't be nearly as fun after you've lost your first 5 or so pounds. You'll need to wait longer or you'll get discouraged.
  • Stary714
    Stary714 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    your going to get different results that way, its just how your body works. You'll way different at different times of the day. People say you should weigh yourself only once a week but because I get so excited to see the scale go down I do it every morning! And to make sure it's real weight and not just water flux. I record it after 2-3 days if nothing has changed.
  • butterfliespink
    Options

^^ this

Just so you know..Dean Winchester is MINE! :)

You can have Dean-I'll take Sam :love:
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is because you have eaten food and drunk water. I weigh myself each morning, but I have been doing so for several years, and I know what my body does, and how it reacts to certain foods/mealtimes, etc. I have also weighed myself throughout the day, so I know how my body weight fluctuates during the day.

Before I started eating better, I used to eat one or two meals during the day, usually lunch and dinner, and sometimes I would skip lunch. When I was in this eating pattern, my body weight was at its lowest point during the daytime right after I came home from work. I will also note that I didn't drink much water then, either.

The point is: If you are going to weigh yourself daily or more frequently, do it as a matter of science, to help yourself understand how your body weight fluctuates throughout the day. If you CANNOT do it as a matter of science, and you are OBSESSED with that scale going down EACH TIME you step on it, then STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE, and follow the advice of others on here about weighing yourself once weekly.

I don't let the scale weight influence my attitude for the day. I do not have a relationship with the scale. It is a tool for me to use to keep myself healthy. My attitude comes from my relationship with God. As long as I maintain THAT relationship, and conduct myself in a way that is pleasing to Him, I maintain this WONDERFUL sense of peace about me that nothing can shake.