Brand New! No wonder I am overweight!

Options
I just logged my food for the day and I was 2000 calories over my target for the day! I can't get over how fattening some of this food is that I have been eating! Very eye opening! :noway: Time to start anew

Replies

• Missi3601
    Missi3601 Posts: 264
    Options
    it amazes us when we first begin- this site is addicting. I log EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth... I think before using this app- I consumed between 4000 and 6000 calories daily....yikes! Welcome to the site, you'll love the support you can get on here! Feel free to add me as well. Best of luck on your new journey! :smile:
  • dy9em7
    dy9em7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I did the same thing on day one for myself and was so surprised at how may calories I was consuming on a regular basis. I found out very fast that I can not indulge in cheese the way I use too! Good Luck.
  • bethabethh
    bethabethh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    the same thing happened to me. i totally thought that i was eating moderately until i actually started counting the calories. knowing how many calories that are in certain food has changed the way i look at eating. also logging in to fitpal has made me more active because i like to see the calories burned add up.
  • NatalieBush
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • cowgirlfromhanna
    Options
    I just logged my food for the day and I was 2000 calories over my target for the day! I can't get over how fattening some of this food is that I have been eating! Very eye opening! :noway: Time to start anew

I was shocked also at the recommended daily calories for my height and weight....I have been eating way more than I should and that's how 15 pounds were able to creep back on! It feels so good to be back in control!!!
  • NatalieBush
    Options
    It's scary how little we think about what we are eating. I went out to lunch today and my sandwhich and fries were 1200 calories. Then I ate 3 cookies over the course of the afternoon which were 1800 calories total! That is 3k calories in one meal and snacks! I am floored! Thanks for everyone's input! I really like seeing how much weight everyone has lost!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Portion control helps me so much. Good luck on your journey.
  • cowgirlfromhanna
    Options
    the same thing happened to me. i totally thought that i was eating moderately until i actually started counting the calories. knowing how many calories that are in certain food has changed the way i look at eating. also logging in to fitpal has made me more active because i like to see the calories burned add up.

It REALLY does make you exercise more! Earlier I added up my calories for the day and thought oh man, if I want some frozen yogurt tonight, I'm going to have to earn it, so I rode my bike around the 4 miles square---now I deserve my frozen treat tonight!!!
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You are right! this site is very eye opening. The days I hate are the overeating days, when I KNOW i ate too much. And when you see it you feel embarrassed and don't eat like that anymore.
  • NatalieBush
    Options
    That's awesome, cowgirl! Tomorrow is a brand new day. I plan on starting fresh!
  • BreeHerm
    BreeHerm Posts: 4
    Options
    I almost cried my first week... seriously couldn't imagine how many calories, not good ones either were in the food I was eating... this site is addictive and an eye opener but, you gotta do the work... I feel off the wagon for a month and gained all my weight back! But, thankfully the mindfulness this site is teaching me over my caloric intake and my burning through exercise is helping me fight this overweight battle one day at a time! I hope you have lots of success and enjoy the end results! Best of Luck!!
  • sophie_wr
    sophie_wr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Same here.... but then you'll get used to count your calories, and it will go down !
    Good luck & welcome !
  • melbellkid
    melbellkid Posts: 72
    Options
    It's scary how little we think about what we are eating. I went out to lunch today and my sandwhich and fries were 1200 calories. Then I ate 3 cookies over the course of the afternoon which were 1800 calories total! That is 3k calories in one meal and snacks! I am floored! Thanks for everyone's input! I really like seeing how much weight everyone has lost!

Ok. I don't think I have seen the 600 calorie each cookie...I could be in serious trouble if I was introduced to it though! Seriously though-best of luck to you!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I got a real edjumacation when I started on this site. It really opened my eyes to just how much unnecessary crap calories I was shoving into my body.
  • NatalieBush
    Options

Ok. I don't think I have seen the 600 calorie each cookie...I could be in serious trouble if I was introduced to it though! Seriously though-best of luck to you!

Well, they were small. The one's that Penn Station serves, but according to this site they are 600 calories a piece, I NEVER would have guessed that!
  • NatalieBush
    Options
    Yeah, I got a real edjumacation when I started on this site. It really opened my eyes to just how much unnecessary crap calories I was shoving into my body.

Agreed! I almost felt sick (not to mention ashamed) when I logged my food for the day.
  • NatalieBush
    Options
    I almost cried my first week... seriously couldn't imagine how many calories, not good ones either were in the food I was eating... this site is addictive and an eye opener but, you gotta do the work... I feel off the wagon for a month and gained all my weight back! But, thankfully the mindfulness this site is teaching me over my caloric intake and my burning through exercise is helping me fight this overweight battle one day at a time! I hope you have lots of success and enjoy the end results! Best of Luck!!

Good for you for getting back with it! Good luck!
  • stacey1172
    stacey1172 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think using this site was a big eye-opener for most of us...when you realize how many empty calories you can waste in a day eating garbage, it's good motivation to stay under your calorie goal by eating clean foods. Best of luck to you!!! Feel free to add me if you are looking for some support :)
  • bmwalls
    bmwalls Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i was the same way..... this site has been a God send forme.... good luck and stay with it
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes, my husband & I were just talking about this ....... I'm amazed at how easily things add up ...... it's sure an incentive to get my butt to the gym each day ......... but I'm also thinking twice before popping some of this stuff in my mouth LOL

Best of luck !