40 LBS LOST!!

Options
Today as i stepped on the scale i saw a number i havent seen in a long long time im in the 140's!!! its been so long way to long! Ive now lost 40lbs i am very proud of myself however i still see that 190lbs girl in mirror i know that im not to terribly big anymore ive lost quite a bit of weight and inches but i just cant get past my flaws... Anyone else have this problem, will i eventually gain some confidence about my body?

Replies

• myhusbandletsme
    myhusbandletsme Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That is a great loss to be down 40 lbs - you should be very proud of yourself - congrats and keep up the good work!
  • jackie_jz
    jackie_jz Posts: 4
    Options
    That is a great feeling! Good work!
  • sara_d_jason
    Options
    that's great! What is your secret?? How much time did it take you?
  • bigmom37
    bigmom37 Posts: 7
    Options
    Way too go!!!!! I have lost just over 60...... I still see that 257 pound girl.. but my clothes say different.. how much more do you want to lose? you can do it!!!!!
  • lamasdura87
    lamasdura87 Posts: 21
    Options
    40 lbs down!! that's awesome !!! congrats!!!
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    DawnMarieMomofTwo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    :tongue: Thank you all so much for the nice words! No Secret just alot of hard work and eatting right, after starting a little weight lifting in with my normal cardio i started noticing a difference within1 week !! i started back in novermeber but didnt get really serious untill about 3 months ago. ive lost most of my weight in those 3 months about 32lbs of it! My goal right now is to be 130 so i have 19lbs more to loss. I may adjust it when i get there depending on how i feel... im glad im not alone feeling this way i was starting to think there was something wrong with me!
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    I still see the heavy me in the mirror but my clothes are telling me different. It stinks feeling like that.

WTG on your loss!!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Good job well done :drinker: :happy:
  • Sonyakrueger8
    Options
    Way to go! What an amazing job! Be proud of yourself!

I am the same way! Even when I am shopping I get two sizes to big!
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    Options
    Way to go! What an amazing job! Be proud of yourself!

I am the same way! Even when I am shopping I get two sizes to big!

thank you, and yep ive done that alot actually! lol..
  • steelersfamily6
    steelersfamily6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I still see the heavy me in the mirror but my clothes are telling me different. It stinks feeling like that.

WTG on your loss!!

This is so true! I still see a fat girl in my mirror but I have dropped from a tight size 18 down to a 10, and it just seems so impossible but I did it!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you Dawn!!! You've been my MFP friend for a minute and you have really kept me motivated!!!

I am so happy for you!! Make hubby buy you something nice!!! :wink:
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    Options
    I am so proud of you Dawn!!! You've been my MFP friend for a minute and you have really kept me motivated!!!

I am so happy for you!! Make hubby buy you something nice!!! :wink:

Thanks girl, right back at ya about the motivation part you do the same for me :)
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you Dawn! :)
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight you've lost! I've lost about the same amount and I'm currently about 140lbs too. I'm the same way about only seeing my flaws though. All I can see is my huge belly, which is a real problem area for me. I think I'll be happier if I can get to a point where I don't look pregnant anymore.
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight you've lost! I've lost about the same amount and I'm currently about 140lbs too. I'm the same way about only seeing my flaws though. All I can see is my huge belly, which is a real problem area for me. I think I'll be happier if I can get to a point where I don't look pregnant anymore.

me and you are sooo much alike my tummy is my problem area big time ive been asked several times if im pregnant and im not.
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    Options
    I'm so happy for you Dawn! :)

you are ALWAYS so supportive thank you darlin:wink:
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! =)

congrats
  • bakatare2k
    bakatare2k Posts: 17
    Options
    Congrats! Just hit my half way point myself. Keep it goin!
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Ditto! Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!