3 miles!

Options
I've been wanting a treadmill for quit sometime now and finally got one the night before last!!!! Yesterday I walked THREE MILES and i'm actually really proud of myself for not only finding the time in the day to do it....but actually being up there and haveing a goal and not stopping until I met it! I plan to walk at the very minimum ONE mile every day...including Saturday and Sundays! There is no reason not to get my booty up there every day and do atleast that much (but my goal is 3 miles/day!).

Replies

• lizzyksm
    Options
    that sounds great. I totally would like a treadmill too but I can't just yet. I do go out but I'm afraid that when the winter hits then I won't do it anymore. I think for me the hardest is on the weekends. I'm going to try...I think if I push myself to do that I'll see a lot more weight loss.
  • slimmingmom
    Options
    That's why I finally got my treadmill...it's too cold outside now, lol. I found mine on craigslist for only $80!!!!
  • tukilaki
    tukilaki Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cool! Keep it up! I have been walking 3 miles a day a couple times a week for the past 2 weeks and I feel great! I have a crappy treadmill in the garage and i know i will have to pull it out soon cause it gets too cold to walk sometimes here in minnesota.
    btw, where do you find those animated body pictures?
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    I've been wanting a treadmill for quit sometime now and finally got one the night before last!!!! Yesterday I walked THREE MILES and i'm actually really proud of myself for not only finding the time in the day to do it....but actually being up there and haveing a goal and not stopping until I met it! I plan to walk at the very minimum ONE mile every day...including Saturday and Sundays! There is no reason not to get my booty up there every day and do atleast that much (but my goal is 3 miles/day!).

Walking every day was the foundation of my exercise when I first joined on here. Get in whatever you can. Your committment to a minimum of 1 mile a day is fantastic!!! Don't beat yourself up if you don't get to 3 miles a day, the important part is that you do it.

Good luck.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    That is great!!! Remember though make sure that you are bupping up your speed and incline so your body doesn't get used to it. Then you won't burn as many calories!!! good luck
  • chgudnitz
    Options
    That is great!!! Remember though make sure that you are bupping up your speed and incline so your body doesn't get used to it. Then you won't burn as many calories!!! good luck

It's actually not really true. You won't get the same cardio benefit from it, but it's pretty cut and dry about how many calories will be burned. It takes (x calories per y miles) to move a mass of z.

But it is good to change it up.
  • jdavis193
    Options
    If you do the same everyday you are not bettering your cardio so your calories will stay the same and you won't really lose anymore weight at a certain point. So it is good to change up your routine and even do a 5 min fast pace then 5 minute slower and pick it up and you will burn a lot more calories!!! I learned this in my personal training classes I have a degree in personal training
  • chgudnitz
    Options
    If you do the same everyday you are not bettering your cardio so your calories will stay the same and you won't really lose anymore weight at a certain point. So it is good to change up your routine and even do a 5 min fast pace then 5 minute slower and pick it up and you will burn a lot more calories!!! I learned this in my personal training classes I have a degree in personal training

You're right, you will burn a lot more calories. But if you don't change it, you will still burn the same amount given that you have not decreased your weight. If all variables stay the same (mass and distance) then the calories burned will stay the same.
  • jdavis193
    Options
    Right but what i am saying is you will burn the calories but if it stays the same it will plateau if nothing is changed!!!
  • chgudnitz
    Options
    Right but what i am saying is you will burn the calories but if it stays the same it will plateau if nothing is changed!!!

:laugh: I gotta laugh. I think we are arguing two different things that sound a lot alike... :laugh:
  • jdavis193
    Options
    Yes I am laughing right now!! We are both right it just is coming out differently.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!