Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tell me I am right!

AnneElise
AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I teach at a high school and for chaparoning the homecoming dance the student council is offering to buy us oven baked sandwiches from dominos. I almost just responded with my order but then checked calories, 1 serving 817 calories! The location doesn't have saleds either so I turned down the offer but they keep pressuring me to splurge! Tell me I am making the right choice!

Replies

• You are making the right choice!! They aren't even that good anyways!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Oh, you're SO making the right choice! I had one of those sandwiches many many months ago, and it wasn't even very good! And in absolutely no way was it 817 calories good!

You'd be much better off having a slice or 2 of pizza even, honestly.
  • AnneElise
    Thanks guys, I just needed some quick reassurance!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Free food.
    Get it.
    Eat half.
    Make two meals of it.
    :flowerforyou:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    I teach at a high school and for chaparoning the homecoming dance the student council is offering to buy us oven baked sandwiches from dominos. I almost just responded with my order but then checked calories, 1 serving 817 calories! The location doesn't have saleds either so I turned down the offer but they keep pressuring me to splurge! Tell me I am making the right choice!

I understand you might be a polite person, so if you want, tell the people that are pressuring you to come on here and I will tell them where they can go for you... :flowerforyou:

Stick to what you want and forget the rest.
  • I agree with the others, either skip it and have two slices of pizza or cut it in half and eat the rest of lunch the next day. Others should NOT be pressuring you! There is always a solution to work it out :)
  • AnneElise
    Thanks all, I have thought about splitting it but I am not sure I have the self control when it isn't right in front of me. I think I will skip it and have my normal packed lunch. I will feel good about it tommorow!
  • If you have to splurge go with something better than fast food pizza (all the ones here on the east coast are terrible anyway). And as someone else said, if they want to buy you lunch, the pizza is probably a better bet.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member

We're having a United Way Donation drive here at work. And of course everything is related to food. Free Hot Dogs on Monday, now there is a bake sale, and on Thursday they are grilling brawts. I'm about to be un-polite to some co-workers if they don't leave me alone. Not that I'm not beyond eating a brawt here and there. But a whole week of this would be complete disaster, and I like to spread my disasters out.

Yes, you made the right decision.
This discussion has been closed.