New place to shop...OLD NAVY!!!

Options
I am so excited. I've never been able to wear anything in Old Navy before and yesterday I tried on some cloths just for the heck of it and they fit and fit well...I'm sooooooooooooo excited :bigsmile: I love shopping and I just added a new store to my list...hopefully Lane Bryant will be a thing of the past! This has truly motivated me even more to keep going

Replies

• lizzyksm
    Options
    I'm so happy for you...just last week I went to TJ Maxx, It's been a while since I could shop there...I mean I could fins stuff but this time there were a lot more things I could try on.

I totally agree, I want LB to be a thing from the past...soon soon soon! :wink:
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    What sizes does Old Navy go up to? I have one right by my house, but I hate going in stores if I don't know in advance the sizes. I'm currently an 18. I do not miss Lane Bryant one little bit. I still see Dress Barn Woman, because it is connect to our Dress Barn. Those were the only two places I shopped before.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    I think Old Navy goes up to an 18 (at least in some styles). I know I've seen an 18 in there before.
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Old Navy actually goes up to size 22 (In Canada anyway! It's been one of my faves for years because they have all the same clothes as the little sizes, but bigger! :bigsmile:
  • shadowsandgloss
    Options
    Old Navy goes up to 20 in pants. Congratulations!!! I can't wait to shop in the regular section at Target:tongue:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I LOVE Old Navy. I'm actually going next week to get some pajama pants, they have the cutest ones. I really want a new dressy winter coat, mine is getting a little big, but I just spent $230 on new glasses and contacts (didn't REALLY need new glasses but they were too cute) so now I have to give up the new coat:grumble:
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    I am so excited. I've never been able to wear anything in Old Navy before and yesterday I tried on some cloths just for the heck of it and they fit and fit well...I'm sooooooooooooo excited :bigsmile: I love shopping and I just added a new store to my list...hopefully Lane Bryant will be a thing of the past! This has truly motivated me even more to keep going

I don't know if they have Forever 21 where you live, but they have an amazing collection of clothes for average girls, aka size 8 and bigger. The clothes are made to compliment hips, butts, and boobs. The clothes range from casual to business and are so cute and relatively inexpensive. They also have clothes for smaller girls too. Its an amazing store!
  • leighoconnell
    Options

I don't know if they have Forever 21 where you live, but they have an amazing collection of clothes for average girls, aka size 8 and bigger. The clothes are made to compliment hips, butts, and boobs. The clothes range from casual to business and are so cute and relatively inexpensive. They also have clothes for smaller girls too. Its an amazing store!

In case you wanted to add another store to your new list of places you can shop at.
  • Ms_Lady
    Ms_Lady Posts: 31
    Options
    Congrats! I can't wait to leave Lane Bryant, Avenue and Roman's alone! :happy:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    What sizes does Old Navy go up to? I have one right by my house, but I hate going in stores if I don't know in advance the sizes. I'm currently an 18. I do not miss Lane Bryant one little bit. I still see Dress Barn Woman, because it is connect to our Dress Barn. Those were the only two places I shopped before.

Our ON goes to size 22 & some things are carried in 24. :smile: I only shop at ON. lol they're the only place I can find that EVERYTHING fits I'm a M/L now and before I was XL/XXL and the clothes fit just as good in a smaller size as the larger sizes I was in.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Just spent $100 at Old Navy this weekend....and I bought skinny jeans! Wahoo never thought I would do that!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I love old navy, and I loved that feeling you are feeling right now, its amazing!
    Also, the only thing I get at LB now are my bras! :flowerforyou:
    I think Target runs a little small, I had to try on an 18 in jeans there , and at kohls I can wear 16 a little loose, and just bought my first pair of 14's ( although I wouldnt wear out of the house yet!) I still have to get the xxl in tops at target, but at least I am out of the plus sizes! whoo hoo!!
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    I found Lane Bryant's bras very cheap, never held my girls up properly. Kohl's has a great selection of bras, I have recently discovered that. We used to have a store wear they measured you and made sure you were buying the right size, but they are gone.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I found Lane Bryant's bras very cheap, never held my girls up properly. Kohl's has a great selection of bras, I have recently discovered that. We used to have a store wear they measured you and made sure you were buying the right size, but they are gone.

and I couldnt find one bra at kohls that held them up like the balconate ( or however you spell it) at LB... I guess that is why they make so many different kinds of bras, there is something for everybody!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I am located in Washington State, and the Old Navy here recently stopped carrying any size larger than 18, but a clerk told me all sizes are still available through their website.
  • Future
    Future Posts: 9
    Options
    :happy: Thanks everyone for the tips on the different places to shop. The Old Navy where I purchased my items from go up to 18 or 20 or XXL. I purchased the XXL but had to take it back because it was a little too big. I'm just so excited
  • leshawnturner
    Options

and I couldnt find one bra at kohls that held them up like the balconate ( or however you spell it) at LB... I guess that is why they make so many different kinds of bras, there is something for everybody!

I agree that LB's balconatte bra is wonderful!!! It's the only bra I buy because its the only that holds the girls up (for me at least). LB is the first place i recommend for people to go buy a bra and the one close to me is wonderful at bra fittings!!! They are so good even people who don't wear LB sizes come to them to get bra fitted so they can go and buy the proper bra.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Awesome feeling - funny I remember ordering size 20s from Old Navy - the first non plus stuff I ordered (although technically 20s are plus - these were in the regular dept) - I was ecstatic - enjoy your success!
  • BridgettePlemmons
    BridgettePlemmons Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i just started shopping there myself! we get our boys' clothes at ON but id never looked in there womens sections there were always tiny girls over there. well they had a really good sale last week or so, so i figured id look and i bought just two shirts, XXL i normally was wearing 22/24 and not only did they fit but they were loose so i went back the next week and got a smaller size!!! so exciting!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!