My Progress with Pics

Options
Drizzt_d99
Drizzt_d99 Posts: 80 Member
So I feel it is time for me to post my story and show some pics for some of you who have asked. Back in January I had decided it was finally time to do something about my weight. I would yo-yo about 20lbs between the summer and the winter as I tended to be a little more active in the summer by coaching my boys in baseball and football, but I did not change my eating habits, and it would all come back and more in the winter. This past January I decided I hated shopping at the Big and Tall store and I wanted a pair of designer jeans as I have never owned a pair.

I had purchased a gym quality treadmill about 3 years ago, and it was doing a good job of collecting dust in the basement in an unused bedroom. After New Years I had thought that if I moved it to the main TV room, it may get used as I could watch TV at the same time. I also thought that I should track my exercise so that I could see what I was doing and started looking for an app to do it. I came across MFP and I thought that tracking calories would be a good idea too. I downloaded the app and bookmarked the website and started really watching what I ate.

I became addicted to the website and was constantly looking at the success stories and thought I want to be able to do that. I became religious in tracking everything I ate and drank. I watched my sodium. I found 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30. I started watching the latest season of Biggest Loser and have even started watching the old seasons (I am currently on season 6) I started C25K, but have just been too busy lately with it being in the middle of the baseball season, but I hope to get back on it and to be able to do a 1/2 marathon sometime next year.

I know that my weight-loss has been fast, and I will admit that I have not followed the rules in eating back exercise calories. I usually eat between 1200 and 1500 calories a day and it has worked for me. I am not advocating this method, I am just being honest with how I have been successful.

I started by wearing size 44 pants and 2 XL Shirts. I now own 2 pairs of designer jeans in size 34 and I wear XL Shirts. I would probably fit a size large shirt except I am pretty tall (6'3") and the arms tend to be too short in the large. Large shirts can also tend to be too narrow across my shoulders.

The BMI Calculator on this site now tells me that I am in the healthy range, but I still see that I have some to lose in my gut so I have set a new goal of about 10 more pounds. I have been told that I need to stop. I was told 35 pounds ago that I do not have any more to lose. I have been told that I am crazy that I want to lose another 10 pounds. My advise is do what feels right to you. Stop when you are happy. Of course don't go to an unhealthy weight, but stick to what makes you feel good.

You are all my inspiration.

Now for the ugly part. I am sorry for the unflattering pics. I usually take the pictures in the morning before I work out, so they are not pretty.

FrontMayBeforeandAfter.jpg

SideMayBeforeandAfter.jpg

Replies

• mdmccowan
    mdmccowan Posts: 20
    Options
    Good Job you look great!!!!!
  • allynady
    allynady Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!
  • Rye_Bread
    Rye_Bread Posts: 23
    Options
    That is amazing. This is always so inspirational to me, and I hope that one day, I will be able to do the same: to have a before/after shot that people can look at and see that it IS possible, if you are determined. Keep up the GREAT work!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    You've done awesome, D!
  • tejahnasmom
    tejahnasmom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB...& TY for sharing!!
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Wow... Good job!
  • Julietecosse
    Julietecosse Posts: 165
    Options
    How wonderful for you. Fantastic self discipline. Congrats and good luck for the future.
  • LiveforChange
    LiveforChange Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    thumbs up!
  • WaimanaloMan
    WaimanaloMan Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Holy cow dude, nice work!
  • Dra57
    Dra57 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow well done! You look great!
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    standing tall and looking younger ... well done :D
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results, well done! To me you don't look like you need to lose more but that's just my opinion. I'm sure you'll still look good 10lbs down. You sound like you know what you're doing and aren't about to go too far so go for it :)
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Great going my friend..Such a lot in such a short time..Big pat on the back for you..
  • bii14
    bii14 Posts: 192
    Options
    OH MY GOD!! thats is MAJOR difference! but are yu sure yu r not going towards underwieght?
  • jjsjrs
    jjsjrs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the insperation :smile:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    WOW!! THIS IS FABULOUS! WAY TO GO!
  • TinaHumphries
    TinaHumphries Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wow!
    You almost look like a completely different person!
    Well done :drinker:
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Way to go!!!! Thanks so much for sharing, you did an awesome job.
  • meliad
    meliad Posts: 71
    Options
    That is awesome. I am going to show my husband. :smile:

I have just started my journey for a 30 lb loss. I also am not eating the calories that I work off. Did you do anything special to keep you metabolism from slowing down?
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    WOW! Very inspiring! Great job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!