Tried Yoga for the first time today! benefits?

Options
I started at the beginning stage of yoga and i gotta say i felt so relaxed and felt so open! does anyone know any real benefits of doing yoga 3x a week? results? let me know!

Replies

• reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I do yoga 3-4 times a week. Have been for many years, and will (hopefully) for the rest of my life. I love the intense Power Vinyasa type like you might find at a Core Power (a good chain studio). It's fairly aerobic, with constant movement, though different sequences every time (unlike Bikram). Body weight resistance is great for building long, lean muscle and strength. It's amazing for your core, your balance, and of course, flexibility. I also love what it does for my mind and spirit, if you will. Yoga is only as good as your teacher, though, so try a few. I posted this on another thread recently...this is my favorite teacher...ahem, yes, I would say there are benefits!
    sa0003.jpg
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    <<< Hot, power yoga (75 minutes) 2x per week, restorative yoga (90 minutes) 1x per week, with a walk/jog 2x per week.

Long, lean muscles, balance, peace of mind and flexibility.
  • trinitymariee
    Options
    thanks so much! i'll do my research! and probably keep it going then :)
  • trinitymariee
    Options
    <<< Hot, power yoga (75 minutes) 2x per week, restorative yoga (90 minutes) 1x per week, with a walk/jog 2x per week.

Long, lean muscles, balance, peace of mind and flexibility.

Looks like its really working for you, where do i look to find these types of yoga?
  • CaraColleen
    CaraColleen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I do hot yoga (100 degree room for 100 minutes with 26 yoga poses), and I love it! I recently started a 30-day challenge where I go to hot yoga every day for 30 days. Currently on Day 10, and I feel amazing! I sleep better, feel more centered at work, have better skin and feel so strong! My cellulite is disappearing and my muscles ache (in a good way!) each day after class. Combined with cardio, I feel that yoga could be a great way to get toned and stay in shape!

Good luck!
  • trinitymariee
    Options
    I do hot yoga (100 degree room for 100 minutes with 26 yoga poses), and I love it! I recently started a 30-day challenge where I go to hot yoga every day for 30 days. Currently on Day 10, and I feel amazing! I sleep better, feel more centered at work, have better skin and feel so strong! My cellulite is disappearing and my muscles ache (in a good way!) each day after class. Combined with cardio, I feel that yoga could be a great way to get toned and stay in shape!

Good luck!

thats sounds amazinggggg!!!!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    increased flexibility
  • dree77
    dree77 Posts: 52
    Options
    I hate yoga. Probably cause I suck at it lol. I'd rather do a killer boot camp. I think I'm the only girl out there who does not do yoga.
  • wranglerwomen
    wranglerwomen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    i do both jillian michaels yoga meltdown (30 minute yoga) and bob harper yoga (90 mins). i wanted a good workout but have hip and knee issues. i have been able to do yoga every day and see a difference in my body. also if you are looking for yoga without all the spiritual "stuff" jillian and bob do a good job with that. :) be prepared to sweat!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i just do it for relaxation and helping with any body misalignment issues i might have made worse during lifting.