Motivation, please!

Options
2»

Replies

• hoskibn
    hoskibn Posts: 86
    Options
    The best advice I can give, as I am sure others will attest to is, start moving...fight that little demon on your shoulder that says you don't have time, or advises how comfy that couch looks...the first step is the hardest, and portion control is key.
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I am in need of motivation! How did everyone else get up and get at it? Tell me your stories :) Feel free to add me if you would like, the more friends that can cheer me on the better :D !

Make the decision to start and commit to it. Everyone has set backs, just make sure not to pack it in. Realize your mistakes, admit to them and move forward and fix it. Don't lose sight on your goals.
  • Marque74
    Marque74 Posts: 60
    Options
    The biggest thing in my opinion is having a good mindset. Keep telling yourself that you can do this. It definitely helps logging all your food everyday. I cut sodas out cold turkey and started eating alot more veggies. If I slip up and go over my calories, I just get back on track the next day. I don't worry about it or beat myself up over it. Also, I drink plenty of water. The main thing is to not give up. When you do that, you admit that you're defeated. Hope this helps.
  • ericachristie85
    ericachristie85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    When I realized I was young and this is the time of my life where I should look my best. I paired Chalean Extreme with MFP and my body changed in a matter of weeks. That was all the motivation I needed. From this I learned two key facts. 1) muscle is the fountain of youth, burns calories and revs up your metabolism. 2) Maintain a deficit, although you wont grow large muscles this is the only way to lose weight.

Chalean Johnson is an amazing motivator, I would suggest getting your hands on "Chalean Extreme"
  • Michmatched
    Options
    Thats such a great idea!! I will use tht!
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Motivation must come from within. The only way you'll do something, or make changes to your lifestyle is if YOU WANT IT. Everyone can tell you "you should do this or that, for your health or appearance or ability or what ever" but until you really really want those things, you won't stick to your goals. Really consider this. You can ask overweight person and they'll say "of course I WANT to lose weight", but you really have to translate those desires into actional desires like "I want to eat more vegetables", "I want to go on a walk every night", "I want to cook a balanced meal instead of order pizza". Sit down and be honest with yourself about what you want in your life right now. You deserve to do what you want.

There's also a bit of a paradox with behavioural changes. "Action PRECEEDS motivation". Once you decide you want certail goals, you just have to start acting towards them whether the internal drive is strong or not. You do it like an ultimatum to yourself. At first it will sorta suck and you'll wonder why you want this. But soon you'll start to see the possitive side effects of increased energy and endorphins. That's when you'll really see what's so great about these changes and start to fee the drive to keep at it.

Sit down and really consider what you want and how you're willing to act day to day.

Good luck.
  • lNail
    lNail Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    my motivation came from... (or attempting to chase) after my lil girl...lol. I am a mother of three and was out of shape. I couldn't run for more then a minute it seemed like before I was just exhausted. So that was my motivation to get in shape...to be able to enjoy running and chasing my kiddo :) now running a mile or two is no problem.
  • betteringmyselfeachday
    Options
    Lots of ideas for motivation!

1) Write a list, why are you doing this?
    2) Write a list, what you want to do when you achieve this goal? How will you feel when your each this goal?
    3) use a search engine for a weight loss image simulator, it will show your current weight and what you would look like at your goal weight! WOW is what you will say!
    4) Find quotes and post them everywhere! I searched for: motivational fitness quotes, click images, and tada motivation! I have a picture of a NFL cheerleader on my phone, so it is a constant reminder of this is how you want to look, not what you currently look like in the mirror!
    5) Forget how you feel, and remember what you deserve. You deserve to be happy in your own skin. You deserve to be proud of yourself!
    6) STICK WITH THIS MFP! Plenty of daily support! Heck, even add me as a friend! The encouragement here is amazing!
  • mhathy77
    mhathy77 Posts: 7
    Options
    I actually had two things that really sparked my weight loss. I have been big all my life, and went to a cardiologist shortly after my 30th birthday and he let me know that any damage that I had done to my heart could be recovered. This is something I had struggled with since my dad died, of a massive heart attack, when I was twenty. I had always simply considered my genetics an early death sentence, but this doctor allowed me the freedom to change my lifestyle. A few months after this appointment, we found out that my wife was pregnant with our first child, and at that point my whole life changed. I have lost 161 pounds since then. The beginning was incredibly hard, but I feel so much better. I have found that good friends who really care about you make all of the difference.
  • sig1238
    sig1238 Posts: 16
    Options
    True change must come from within. We can seek outside motivation all day long, but until we have a burning, all-consuming desire to achieve personal change, we are setting ourselves up for failure. Once we truly commit to a goal, make a plan, and follow through, we become unstoppable.
  • Floridaboy21
    Options
    I put picture's up of people with killer six packs and awesomley toned bodies all over my house! may seem crazy but it works for me! I also found out a friendly competition seems to work for some people. I very competitive so i HATE to lose! i'll send you an add. maybe i'll challenge you! lol;}
  • chelseabear1993
    Options
    Thank you all :) it's wonderful knowing that people out there really do care!