Clean and easy snacks

Options
shorty35565
shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
I'm a REALLY picky eater. I've decided to give up yogurt when I go back to the grocery story. Too much sugar. That leaves me about 140-170 empty place to fill in. I have to eat around 1600 and it's never easy for me to eat that much and keep up eating well. Being picky doesn't make it any easier. And I like to have easy for snacks. So any suggestions? Preferably no fruit, cuz I'm already eating that. I need something to take the yogurt's place haha

Replies

• evolutionbyariana
    evolutionbyariana Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I like to eat nonfat plain greek yogurt; it has less sugar than regular yogurt and lots more protein so it's good and filling! I also like how rich and creamy it is. I know you're looking to replace yogurt, but this might be a good option for you! I have a wicked sweet tooth, and I find that a chopped apple in yogurt does the trick! Sometimes I'll just have the yogurt with some hemp hearts and goji berries.

Yogurt aside, I like spreading avocado on rye crackers and topping them with veggies like cucumber and alfalfa sprouts. And I always keep bags of chopped, crunchy veggies on hand!
  • tiggerser
    tiggerser Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    These or my favorites:
    Wheat Thins Sticks 130 calories for 14 sticks

Or I would try:
    Popcorn, Indiana Aged White Cheddar Kettlecorn
    (160 Calories, 11g Fat for 2½ Cups)

Dry roasted unsalted almonds (22) -- 169 calories

Athenos orignal hummus (4 Tbsp.) -- 100 calories with some calories leftover on this one you can do veggies to dip if you want

Sargento Light String Cheese Snacks (2) -- 100 calories

Of course veggies have a low calorie content, but not sure what your overall goal is.