EGGS.

Options
Random question...I like to eat eggs in the morning with toast, I find that it keeps me full the longest. My typical way of frying the eggs is putting a tablespoon of butter in a pan and frying them that way. What other ways do you guys fry your eggs that could be less fattening than a tablespoon of butter??

Replies

• jrwatson87
    jrwatson87 Posts: 66
    Options
    nonfat butter cooking spray! 0 calories
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    use pam or similar pan spray. i like trader joe's canola oil spray.
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You fry your eggs? I've never even heard of doing that!

I just put a drop of olive oil in the pan (sometimes) and swirl it around to coat the pan and then toss in the scrambled eggs (seasoned with salt/pepper)
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    if you want lower fat, poaching or soft boiling is best... if U really want fried, butter is better than most chemical laden sprays... you can also try less butter and a tiny bit of water to kind of do a half poach half fried option
  • sm0113
    sm0113 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    cooking spray made with olive oil. we usually the PAM brand
  • Irefuse
    Irefuse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure this would work if you simply fry the eggs whole, but when I make scrambled eggs I just mix in some water, which makes butter or spray unnecessary. By the time the water steams off, you'll have perfect scrambled eggs ;p
  • dwallior3326
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I'll try a cooking spray.
    Anayalata: you've never heard of frying eggs? Its basically just having eggs over easy or over medium. Deliciousss!!
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Random question...I like to eat eggs in the morning with toast, I find that it keeps me full the longest. My typical way of frying the eggs is putting a tablespoon of butter in a pan and frying them that way. What other ways do you guys fry your eggs that could be less fattening than a tablespoon of butter??
    I use a non-stick fry pan, and I used extra virgin olive oil spray. For flavor I do pepper and a smidge of cayenne pepper... mmm
  • Nessalee77
    Nessalee77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I pop mine in the microwave with a dash of milk for 30 secs, stir and nuke for another 20secs, stir again and pop onto your toast. Super quick and no added cals, out the door and on my bike in 15 minutes after I wake :-)
  • overfences
    overfences Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Cooking spray is nasty. Don't use that, use real food. Healthy fat is good for you (fat does not make you fat!). Butter is awesome, but if you want to change it up, coconut oil or lard/tallow are good too. Olive oil is for low-temp cooking only -- it converts at high temps and is no longer healthy.
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Buy a non-stick pan and you won't need to use any form of butter/oil :)
  • obeserat
    obeserat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I like my egs boiled , sliced on toast with salt pepper and a splash of worcestershire sauce
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    My nonstick pan is awesome (and it was cheap) I just out the egg in and it doesn't stock at all coming out :-) lately though I have really taken to poaching. I just use water. Some say to use vinegar but it seems to not make a difference for me :-)
  • GO_NadZ_xO
    GO_NadZ_xO Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I boil them. I had two for lunch today :)
  • run2jeepn
    run2jeepn Posts: 183 Member
    Options

x2

Also find a Lower Carb Bread for the Toast.
  • lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Pam! a spritz adds no calories and creates some beautiful fried eggs. Or soft/hard boil them, or poach them - but I always fail at poaching..
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I pop mine in the microwave with a dash of milk for 30 secs, stir and nuke for another 20secs, stir again and pop onto your toast. Super quick and no added cals, out the door and on my bike in 15 minutes after I wake :-)
    I do mine this way too!
  • zhanaolivia
    zhanaolivia Posts: 65
    Options

Absolutely this ^^

Otherwise, I prefer poached eggs. You can buy little plastic tray things for poaching in the microwave. It takes the same amount of time as frying.
  • tracymnx
    tracymnx Posts: 105
    Options
    Theres nothing wrong with using butter, its much more healthy and natural than a spray but you dont need a tablespoon. I heat 5 grams of butter in a non stick pan, then crack the eggs in, turn the heat off and put a cover on the pan for a couple minutes. Perfect eggs with a lovely runny yolk, YUM!
  • queenbcronen
    queenbcronen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I make mine in the microwave with a little cheese and oscar meyer real bacon bits if I have them. super yummy, lots of protien, no oil, and little work involved. Takes just over a minute. you can also add salsa!