How high are your blowouts?

Options
Just ate over 3300 calories. :(

Anyone had worse?

Replies

• vichick20
    vichick20 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have probably come close to that... everyone has bad days though, so don't worry too much about it. Maybe try to get a little exercise in tonight. If you can't do that, try having a relaxing bath and drink lots of water. Tomorrow is a new day. Don't give up!!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i have. :) last year i recorded a day that was 4830 calories. my brain kept telling me i was hungry, even though my stomach kept saying i was full. the next three days i was over in the 2800-3000s as well. after the three days, i returned to eating normally.

don't let it make you feel bad.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I have no idea, at least 6000. Mostly alcohol too, that was a fun night!
  • EstherZue
    EstherZue Posts: 39
    Options
    I once had a bad day reaching close to 2,000. Then at night i made chocolate soufflees with lots of butter and eggs (genius, right?!) I calculated that one soufflee had more than 500 cal. I ate a couple, so you do the maths, lol. I had another one for breakfast and then threw them all away and continued normally. After a binge I stay off the scale for a couple of days so when I weigh myself after like 3 or 4 days I'm usually below the last weight. That way I keep motivated.
  • jesska812
    jesska812 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've had days before that have gotten close to 6,000 - but that was over an entire day.

Don't stress too much over it. Sometimes it's helpful to try and work out of there was something that triggered it but otherwise move on and just go back to your plan. And maybe don't weigh in for a couple of days ;)
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    4000 kcal new years eve, next day 0 though, I was throwing up all day...

but I have 3000kcal days prettu often, no biggie
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    oh hell yeah,,, but just on booze!
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    several years ago... when I was still on the up swing in my weight journey... I routinely had days where I ate 6-8K... now... about once a month or so I allow myself a binge... and it could be as much as 5k...

I usually don't even log though because I just "generalize" my calories.... as long as the scale goes generally down I am not ocd about my cals... I eat til I am full... and work out til I am tired ;)
  • dducroc
    dducroc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Almost every weekend I go over my limit. We have girls nights most weekends where we drink and eat lots. After I started this site I realized how must some of the wines are (calorie wise) and I switched what I was drinking. I try to keep my portions in control too (i.e. mostly not going back for seconds :)) But I still go over anywhere from 500 to 1000+. But I needed these splurges, I am good all week i.e. gym time and Im usually under my calories goal 5 days of the week. I think it has slowed my progress by a bit but I dont feel like I am depriving myself of anything which I feel has helped me keep going. I hope this helps.
  • Greg127
    Greg127 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I do regularly, as in every few weeks.4000-5000 calories in a day. What keeps me on track is coming back every morning to MFP and logging every calorie. It allows me to reflect on not only the calories, but also my mental attitude at the time. It's usually an ah-hah moment when I find the trigger. This whole lifestyle change is a learning experience. :smile:
  • BrokenBarbiexoxo
    BrokenBarbiexoxo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    2,000 at the very most, I don't think my stomach could hold too much volume of food any more! :)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I regularly go 5-600 cals over my goal cals. I haven't had what I would consider a true "binge" in a really long time, but I still eat more than I should.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Mine tend to be quite embarrassing. I tracked one last week, 6000 calories. And that was only because I was counting and was horrified by the number, so I stopped. If I hadn't been tracking, I would have just kept eating... sad, I know... One day I will conquer the binge beast... that said, I have maintained my current weight for over a year. I tend to just eat lightly in case I have another day where I just cannot control myself...
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is my down fall I cannot have just a small bowl I could and have easily comsumed 1200-2000 cal in icecream in one sitting. Luckily I eat pretty good throughout the day so the max daily calories would probably be around 4000 so I guess thats not too bad.
  • delmc1
    delmc1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    pints of Guinness ,so have gone on major blow outs . no big deal u need it every so often