Changing goals...

Options
Just curious, did anyone find themselves pushing their goal further back as they lost weight, I originally only wanted to lose 20 or 25lb but now I'm thinking about losing 35lb...anyone else do the same?

Replies

• sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Yes, i've started pushing it back. Pushed it back a total of 25 lbs now. For me, the original goal weight i put was something that i would have been content with and something that didnt seem TOO overwhelming for me to do (50 lbs total). However, once i started losing weight and realizing that i CAN do it, i pushed it back more. Once i get closer to that weight, i may even push it back more. All depends how i feel.
  • riadastfu
    riadastfu Posts: 69
    Options
    Yes.

I find that as I get closer to my goal, the more clothes I want to fit in, so I keep going. :bigsmile:
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I wanted to get back down to where I was pre-pregnancy. That meant 105. As I get more into weight lifting, I now aim for 20% body fat as opposed to the number on the scale. If I ever achieve this new goal, I would most likely weigh somewhere around 125. In reality, I only have about 7 pounds to go to get to 125, but I don't really care about that. I am more focused on the fact that I have 15% more body fat to lose.
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yup. I originally wanted to get under 130. Now I want to get under 120.
  • acr0bat
    acr0bat Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I similarly have a body fat goal. I've reached the weight loss goal I'd set myself but if I change my goal to stay the same or increase (I've started my strength programme now having dropped from 22 to 16% body fat) it changes my *entire* goal history (calories, protein targets, carbs, everything) so the graphs that had shown how badly or how well I'd done in the past few months become meaningless.

Has anyone found a way to get the system/app to acknowledge that you have different goals at different times without overwriting everything?
  • sarann111
    sarann111 Posts: 16
    Options
    My heaviest was 240 and my original goal was just to be within my healthy range - the higher end being 160. I got there and decided it would be amazing to be able to say I had lost 100 pounds, so I set a new goal of 140. I am at 128 now and my goal is maintenance.