From 485- 199.6 with good ole fashion hard work

Options
IMDABEAST
IMDABEAST Posts: 74 Member
Today I type this with a tear in my eye. I never thought I would be able to reach this milestone.First, I would like to thank my wife for all her support. On jan 2010, we set out to get healthy.Together my wife and I have lost 410 or so pounds. From the start, I could not believe I let myself get to 485 as in 2002 I had lost weight before and was down to 225. At that time, I viewed it as a diet and not as the lifestyle change I see it as now. People ask me "how did u do it"? I am not going to bs you it is HARD WORK and only you have the power to CHOOSE AND LOSE! My best advice is to take it ONE DAY AT A TIME and YOU WILL SUCCEED! Check out my pics on profile if you would like to. Thanks to all the support for my MFP and add me if you think I would be able to help you on your journey! Good luck! YOU ARE WORTH IT!

Replies

• SimonIsChanging
    SimonIsChanging Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Awesome man!! MFP Inspirational right here.
  • KMSForLife
    KMSForLife Posts: 605
    Options
    Yes, you have been an inspiration. I look forward to seeing the progress that both you and your wife have made! Thank you so much for sharing your journey with me - you do make a difference!
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    what a wonderful accomplishment !!!!! you must feel born again . great story and great work. thanks for sharing with us!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    WOW!

Dude, post pics so people can get a concept of just how remarkable 485-199 is. That's incredible.

Congrats!
  • dorkboi
    dorkboi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story!! Congrats on such a huge loss!! Keep up the good work!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!! Your strength is tremendous!
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You have been one of my best friends on here and I'm so happy for you and your wife!!! Hard work pays off!!! Thank you for always being here....you are such an inspiration!!!!!! CONGRATS friend!!!!!!:bigsmile: and one for your wife :flowerforyou:
  • LCunkle83
    LCunkle83 Posts: 179
    Options
    That is so great!! It motivates everyone to hear a weight loss story like yours! Way to go!!
  • dtpss188
    dtpss188 Posts: 85
    Options
    You are so right about the HARD WORK component. What I say to a lot of folks who ask me about the exercise part is "you have to exercise so you sweat." So many people feel like a stroll is enough. Yes, walking is great, but whatever your exercise mode you have to work hard, push yourself, and require a change of clothes when done.

Great job, 285 lbs lost is INSANE. Enjoy your new health and vitality.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Secret_Agent_007 Posts: 1,082
    Options
    Incredible! I definately know a little about how the morning of 199 makes you feel. Even though I was only 229 or so ... the day there's a 1 in front is a tearful great morning.

Congrats brother! Smell the roses along the way.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Dude you ROCK!!!

A big congrats to you and your wife!!

Very inspirational and a great motivator to keep it up!

All the best on your on going journey.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and the wife. You guys have done so well.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on such hard work and dedication to yourself. What an inspiration you are to so many, for losing out of hard work, blood, sweat, and tears!
  • ariesldsgal
    ariesldsgal Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You are amazing, great work!
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    That is amazing. Congratulations. I have nearly 200lbs to lose and its great to see some reach the end of a massive goal. Kudos. I feel especially motivated now!!!!!
  • qballjr13
    qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING! Congratulations to you...and your wife! Such an increadible accomplishment!
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME! Love your pics and your attitude. It's easy to feel sorry for yourself sometimes, especially when you've got a large amount to lose, but you just put on your big boy pants and do it. Proud of you and your wife.
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are the beast!!!!!! DAMN! You go! Congrats on the Mrs.'s too! You too look amazing. Now, you can guys can spend MORE time together being HEALTHY and in a right size body!
  • jmedavis1
    jmedavis1 Posts: 13
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!
  • peanutbutterz
    peanutbutterz Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This is why i joined MFP... I am so inspired...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!