Hi ... Newbie Here :-)

Options
Sisnjrn
Sisnjrn Posts: 6 Member
I'm new to MFP ...I am a 52 year old mother of 4 children age 30, 29, 29 and 14. I recieved a pacemaker 1 1/2 years ago due to sick-sinus-syndrome (slow heart rate) and became too scared to exercise. I then laid on a couch after work and subsequently gained 40lbs in a one year period. A recent trip to my cardiologist and some advice from him made me realize it was time to start exercising and reduce my cholesterol because if I kept going at my current rate I would be 80 pounds heavier than where I began by this time next year and probably sick (otherwise clean bill of health as of now and the A-OK to exercise by my Doctor). Time to realize I am healthier with the pacemaker, not sicker and just as capable of exercising as anyone else (maybe more so than before I got the pacemaker). So, after my oldest daughter joined MFP first and did so well with the information and motivation on this site, I was inspired to join. The first week I thought logging in everything I ate was somewhat of a burden but now, I can't wait to log in! Please feel free to friend me as I need all of the motivation I can get and I will return the same. I already feel like a part of a very positive community just reading the blogs that are posted! Thank you for reading this and Have A Great Day! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Got your friend request. Thanks !

Glad you decided to use MFP. This community is so wonderful. You're going to love it here.
  • shoek2
    shoek2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome this site is truly a blessing for me. I have been using it over a month now and it really is amazing how it has kept me on track. I am a 61 year old female who has strugged with weight my entire adult life. I have probably lost and gained myself 10 times over. I decided to turn my problems over to God and have been working this program with wonderful success. I am down 15 lbs since my start date of april 23rd. Excited about what God is doing in my life and how he is restoring to me the healthy, beautiful body he created in me. I know you will be able to achieve your goals, Blessing to you and I will pray for you as you take your journey.
    Praise God daily give him all your cares and he will take care of all your needs.
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Welcome to MFP :)

Take care and good luck,

Lottie x
  • CoachJake83
    CoachJake83 Posts: 108
    Options
    Glad to hear you decided to change your life for the better! Exercise is nothing but good for your heart so it's a good thing you decided to jump on the wagon now. What exercise routines do you have planned out? There's a lot of good options for working out from home too.

Keep us posted on your progress! You should take a day 1 photo so you can visually measure your results as you go along. Also remember you'll retain some water weight and lean muscle weight as you exercise so don't let the scale discourage you! I recommend a body fat caliper to accurately gauge your progress. =D
  • wed30
    wed30 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Would like to be friends! I'm a 52 year old female with a husband and two daughters, ages 23 and 27. I have a heart rhythm problem and lots of osteoarthrits and high blood pressure. Can relate to being scared. Was a little nervous to do much, but as my body allows, I will move the best I can. Some movement is better than none! I walk, do stretching and yoga for arthritis.
    Glad to meet you on here!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • TXPaul
    TXPaul Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. i can relate to your situation. A heart condition is the main reason I am where I am today. We can do this!