what's for dinner?

Options
nolachick
nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
hey guys, i'm making dinner for my bf tonight and wanna do something nice. we usually eat grilled chicken and brown rice for dinner but I wanna do something different. Tasty & Healthy :smile:

any suggestions?

thanks

Replies

• courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I'm having:

baked lemon pepper tilapia
    steamed veggies (Green Giant Immunity blend!)
    sweet potato with brown sugar and cinnamon
    a piece of Italian bread

I usually bake some chicken breast too, but I found these frozen tilapia fillets at Wal-Mart and they are super fast to make and taste great. Only 100 cals per fillet. Don't be afraid to experiment! :flowerforyou:
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    I have a new recipe for Shrimp with wheat pasta......
    EVOO in large ssaucewpan, add chopped onion, chopped garlic, can a can of whole tomatoes, keep juice to side, and lemon juice and parsley and oregano.. Bring to simmer turn down

Cook your wheat pasta

while pasta is heating add shrimp and black olives if you like, I keep them out!!! to your sauce. Shrimp will take about 5 min to cook.. Drain your pasta and toss with sauce... YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

494 calories
    58 g carb
    31 g protein
    13 g fiber
    880 mg sodium You could get a reduced sodium can of tomatoe or chop your own fresh to reduce this.
  • nolachick
    Options
    these sound good.....

thanks guys....keep 'em coming!
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Im not sure what you have on hand but we are having...

~ 5 oz. pork loin chop
    ~ "Slimmer" mashed potatoes ( I take a very small yukon gold potato and boil it, then mix it with 1 cup steamed cauliflower, 1/2 oz. of parkay spray butter, I Tbsp. prepared horseradish, and 1 Tbsp. fat free sour cream and fresh ground white pepper).
    ~ Steamed broccoli

*** I pan sear the chops and then I deglaze the pan with a little chicken stock (or wine), then add 1-2 Tbsp of sugarfree blackberry preserves and reduce to make a sauce. You can experiment with any preserves you have on hand. It makes a great sauce/glaze.
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    i'm making stuffed peppers tonight! i use green peppers cut in half horizontally then i cook ground turkey/chicken and mix in salsa. i stuff the peppers with the mix and some reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese!
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    bbqued salmon on a cedar plank...sprinkle with pepper, lemon juice, ginger, and a little brown sugar.
    add whatever veggies you feel like!

yum
    Cindy
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I made low fat chicken enchillidas last night.

Brown chicken breast in pam-- Shred
    Put chicken in a tortilla (whole grain preferably)
    put hot peppers
    one slice of slender american
    and the sauce 99% fat free cream of chicken soup (pour a little inside) and then on top. Mix the soup with a can of water before pouring.

MY KIDS LOVE IT- minus the hot peppers.
  • kroger7
    kroger7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I made roasted vegetable lasagna last night since I only had an hour of class. I sent most of it home with my brother but saved one piece for tonight, since today I have 8 hours of back to back class (less my 1 hour of break, which I am using right now to log my meals for the day hehe :laugh: )

here's the recipe I used, but I just used jarred organic pasta sauce rather than make my own. Lasagna is a bit of work but it is special :flowerforyou:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes.aspx/roasted-vegetable-lasagna
  • nolachick
    Options
    thanks everyone...i'm not for fish...i'm kinda tired of chicken....(sorry i'm so picky)
    :grumble:
    any recipe's with beef?

:smile:
  • TJFreeman
    Options
    I'm having:

baked lemon pepper tilapia
    steamed veggies (Green Giant Immunity blend!)
    sweet potato with brown sugar and cinnamon
    a piece of Italian bread

I usually bake some chicken breast too, but I found these frozen tilapia fillets at Wal-Mart and they are super fast to make and taste great. Only 100 cals per fillet. Don't be afraid to experiment! :flowerforyou:

This meal sounds delicious for tonight! I got these same tilapia filets. They are quick, easy and they are delicious! If you like spicy stuff, sprinkle them with Zataran's blackening seasoning. My husband LOVES it.
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    shrimp,talapia and steamed cauliflower..
  • queenofpurr
    Options
    I just made this dish and it was awesome. Thanks for the idea!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say what we're having is super-healthy, but...

Catelli Smart Linguine
    Classico Tomato Alfredo
    President's Choice Italian Chicken Balls

:smile:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    catelli flax omega 3 spaghettini
    low fat carbonara
    glass of australian shiraz
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    sauteed baby bella mushrooms with bok choy with shrimp. throw in some garlic and some soy sauce (low sodium). last night my BF cooked pork chops and I made some butternut squash gnoochi and steamed broccoli - it was de-lish.