ZUMBA? first time...

Options
I bought the dvd's bc I heard such great things about it...that plus I would never try those moves in public without some practice first.
Completed the step by step last night...that was interesting. Husband came downstairs and wouldn't leave until I showed him a move, thankfully it was a callypso move that was not so embarrassing.

So my question is...does it get better or will I always feel this awkward geeking out in front of my tv?

Replies

• anewme1202
    anewme1202 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My co-worker and I signed up for Zumba at the gym and she had gone before while I had NEVER done a class before.
    I made her go to the back of the class with me because I felt awkward, but in all honesty ... the awkwardness left me pretty quickly. Everyone in Zumba class is concentrating on doing the moves correctly and watching the instructor so trust me when I say that noone is looking at you (when you're at the gym at least)

It was a great workout, I loved the class and imagine, we'd even made our way up to the front. One of the instructors we had would even make the rows move up and back so it wasn't the same people in the back all the time. Watching myself in the mirror was a little weird and I thought - what the heck are you trying to do ... but it got better each week. For moves I couldn't completely do or felt awkward at, I just modified the move until I figured it out. I did the class and it's a great workout.

The moves eventually get easier as well ... each class you go to (or as you keep doing it at home like you are now) gets easier. It's an adjustment. Just have fun with it and that awkward feeling will go away!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    the more you do it, the better it becomes!
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    The awkwardness goes away for me quicker in class because there are so many people doing the same thing as bad or worse then me. At home it was a ltitle slower but as you pick up the moves and they get easier to perform ti goes away. I'm still awkward with the game, but I just downloaded the new DLC pack for it (I'm still trying to learn the moves), but it's fun and I like it!
  • reallyregina
    reallyregina Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba on my Wii. I'm still new at it but getting better. There are multiple instructors on the game. I feel like I no longer look stupid when I dance to the male instructor but one of the women moves so fast I can't keep up at all. I'm confident with practice I'll eventually get it.