Need a new SMOOTHIE recipe

Options
Back2Basic
Back2Basic Posts: 69 Member
So I REALLY need to take my vitamins and supplements. I know I need them but I'm not good at swallowing anything bigger than a tylenol. I'm hopping to find some yummy, low cal smoothie recipes that I can sneak them into. I did it before and loved it. Any tips?

I have a lot of protein in my diet, so I should personally stay away from protein shakes, but feel free to add them for others on this thread

Thanks!!

Replies

• ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Chocolate PB2 or regular peanut butter if you prefer
    Cocoa Powder (I use chocolate peanut butter syntha-6 but you said no protein powder)
    Banana
    Skim Milk
  • Fred4point0
    Fred4point0 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Try my Greeen Monster Smoothie. I can't remember where I found it but I do know I adapted it to my liking.

1 cup Silk Almond Milk
    1 cup vanilla yogurt
    1 bananna
    2 cups of fresh spinach
    2 scoops of crush ice

Makes 2 servings.

you can add 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed or honey it if you like.
  • ssanto
    ssanto Posts: 53
    Options
    i make a smoothie almost every morning. i use plain greek yogurt, and a mix of frozen and fresh fruits. its delicious and about 150cals

this morning i had:
    1/3c plain greek yogurt
    frozen banana and mango chunks
    fresh strawberries
  • sastewa1
    sastewa1 Posts: 7
    Options
    I take a ripe banana, ice and skim milk. It tastes like a banana milkshake, very thick and noone can believe that it has no icecream. I sometimes add flax seed and it doesnt alter the taste. Very easy
  • sastewa1
    sastewa1 Posts: 7
    Options
    :wink: I take a ripe banana, ice and skim milk. It tastes like a banana milkshake, very thick and noone can believe that it has no icecream. I sometimes add flax seed and it doesnt alter the taste. Very easy
  • jasperann
    jasperann Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I did this too.

I would use
    1/2 cup papaya juice
    1/2 banana
    1 cup of strawberries (or mixed berries)
    1/2 cup coconut milk OR water
    and ice

Then just blend it all together with my vitamins. I also used grape juice and apple juice sometimes. It makes a lot though.
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    no matter what the smoothy is, I always add spinach. It literally disappears (unless you put waaay too much)
  • dmmihelcic
    dmmihelcic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    1 cup almond milt
    2 cups frozen blueberries
    1 cup crangrape juice (or something red or blue)
    1 packet splenda
    6 ice cubes

Blend on medium until smooth and frosty