Is that meant to be there?

Options
So I'm dead on 9 stone and when I wake up - notice it more then - my stomach is flat until the bottom half where i have a little bump (It kinda looks like a mini beer belly!)
Was just wondering is that supposed to be there? Do a lot of people have it? How can I get rid of it if it's not (Or I get fed up of it)?

Help!

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I think some women have it and some don't. Reducing body fat and ab exercises will help though!
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    it could just be a bit of excess skin from weightloss what weight were you when you started?? (if you dont mind me asking)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It's more pronounced when you wake up? Er... does it go away after you go to the bathroom?
  • aniamakesitcount
    Options
    I think that maybe you should do some lower abs exercises, it should help. And lots of slow but long cardio ;)
  • Molzz95
    Molzz95 Posts: 11
    Options
    I've only lost a few lbs?
  • Molzz95
    Options
    It's more pronounced when you wake up? Er... does it go away after you go to the bathroom?

No it's not that it's just I look at it more then, when i bloat during the day it just gets hidden by that
  • whitejessamine
    Options
    Depends what you mean by a "bump"--my daughter, 80 lbs and 5 feet tall thinks she has a bump, because her abdomen curves. It's supposed to curve. There's a uterus behind it. Mine (before I got fat) was much more pronounced, because I had USED that uterus to have two children...Women are not supposed to have board-flat abdomens. They are supposed to curve. Without actually seeing yours, I can't say for sure, but it sounds normal to me...
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    It could be a natural fat storage area for you as an individual. Which could mean it might be the last place to fat is reduced as well, plus genetics can be aggravating.
  • Heather2784
    Heather2784 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have the same exact thing. Right above it you can actually see muscle definition, but then I have this fanny pack thing. Lol. It's not huge, my waist measures at a 28 and there measures at a 31ish. I'm think it's because I still have about 10 pounds to drop and some more toning to do. It's really annoying tho.
  • blackparade
    Options
    I weigh 9st10 at the moment and I've always had that but I've started doing ab crunches and sit-ups and all of that kinda stuff and it's starting to go down now, but it'll probably never go away completely and it's perfectly normal :)
  • BeautyAndTheGeeks
    Options
    If it's under your belly button, then yeah, it's meant to be there. All women have a little more fat under their belly button as it's their to protect your uterus. You can get rid of it, but it's not easy and takes a lot of commitment.
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Yes, even at my lowest weight (within the region of 100-108lbs) I had this. x
  • Molzz95
    Options
    Yay! Thanks a lot! :)
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    This is what Jillian Michaels refers to as 'the pooch'.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/106754-exercises-belly-pooch/

Here are some recommended exercises from livestrong. I've never tried them, so I have no idea if it's effective but basically lower body fat and toning should help.
  • scottywor
    scottywor Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    One word.... GENETICS!!!