ago and need some little
Tips , I have started eating healthier and walk
for about 1:30h a day I am
Currently at 223lb and want to get down to
150lb, I am 5'8ft and have
Alway been self conscious. Even on scorching
hot days I refuse to take my
Jacket off because I am so ashamed of my body
P.s do friends on here help with motivation ?

Replies

• tstead0123
    tstead0123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hi add me if you want, i have been on here about a 6 days now, so far with encouragement from others i am starting to lose a couple ofpounds, i think. The more friends you have on here the better as it helps :) good luck and welcome :smile:
  • 1DeterminedGal
    1DeterminedGal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. I'm a good "encourager" and never nag or smack you around. LOL

I've only been here about a month.
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    I"ve been on this site for a few days now and have found that everyone has provided a lot of great support and motivation. I'm seeing results and also feeling a lot better about myself. Feel free to add me as a friend to provide support and encouragement. Together we can all do this!
  • cathlene72481
    Options
    Your journey sounds a lot like mine! I am 5"8 too and want to get to 150. Feel free to add me and we can keep eachother accountable and motivated!
    Cathlene :)
  • caz1507
    caz1507 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanx for the advice on how friends help on this
    I think this is the start of a wonderfull beginning
  • leslierae1804
    leslierae1804 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm always looking for more friends to help motivate along their weight loss journey. I've been on here for a while now and the more friends you have to help you out, the better!
  • Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Welcome Caz..

I was also very self conscious when I started trying to lose weight, but I went down to the local park to walk anyway.

Yes there were sooo many thin, athletic people running and biking and wearing tight outfits, I was embarrassed.

But then I saw another big guy, moving slower than the rest, trying to work off the pounds. Then a couple of big girls, chattering away as they walked. I saw lots of overweight people in fact, all with this look of determination on their faces.

I started to offer encouragement to the ones I passed who were sweating, who looked like they were trying very hard, "keep it up!" Being outdoors among the trees really helped give me positive energy, and with my iPod playing music I liked, who cared what anyone else thought? When I was in my zone of achieving step after step, I barely noticed anyone else.

Everyone out there, exercising on the trails are there to have fun and get healthy. Push past the negative feelings, get out and join in! All great journeys begin with the first step. Go out and take the steps with us!
  • goblynn
    goblynn Posts: 152
    Options
    TAKE YOUR JACKET OFF WOMAN!!! (lol)

Take your first step towards self-confidence by acknowledging where you currently stand and accepting the work it will take to be where you want to be. :)

Take your jacket off and hold your chin up high. You can do this. Always remember that every person in the room is too worried about what they look like to worry about anyone else. :)

If you are making wiser (healthier) food choices and walking daily you will start to see the lbs melt away. :)
  • Prilla04
    Prilla04 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi Caz. I think I have been in a similar place as you, as far as being self-conscious, at a point in my life. Then I hit a phase in my life where that all disappeared to a great degree. I finally realized 'Why would I want to go through MY life believing I was ANYTHING but gorgeous and wonderful?" Really. Think about it. Why would you do that to yourself? You have the right to be your biggest fan. Everyone possesses beauty - it's not just reserved for models or whomever society deems as attractive or deserving. So get out there and OWN your space in the world and the all beauty you possess. You deserve it, girl!!
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Yes, many of us here share and motivate freely. Please feel free to add me, ask me questions anytime etc!!!
  • jennb78
    jennb78 Posts: 13
    Options
    I have been on for 6 days and wasn't sure how about the friends thing and message boards. I was just going to log my food and be done. Then I started reading messages and found a lot of information and a lot of people in the same boat as I am.
    I definately think that having friends on MFP is very helpful and motivating!!!! I do not have a support system outside of my MFP friends so I love it.
  • nay33
    nay33 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Caz, I am Naomi and I have been using this site for almost a year. I am 5"5" and wanting to get to 150 also. I have gotten a lot of encouragement from so many nice people on here. I love this site because no one is negative and everyone is so supportive. I mean after all we are after the same thing to lose the unwanted weight so we can look and feel better. Feel free to add me for a friend if you like, the more friends you have the better the encouragements. :)
  • whayamean
    whayamean Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am 5'8" Used to be 346 down to around 200. I'd also LOVE to see around 150 one day.
  • Misbehavin_Red
    Options
    feel free to friend me as well...just joined a couple days ago, but this seems to be a great spot for encouragement and inspiration on those days that are a little more challenging...(I've been logging on my own since January, but like the tracking here better...)

We're all here for similar reasons, and need the same help and support! : )
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi caz, I have been on here since March and I have met a lot of people that are truly motivating whether I run up the stairs for one minute or walk for 5 hours on the beach. Feel free to add me, we are all on this journey together.
    :flowerforyou:
  • twinsmom03
    twinsmom03 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yes we are here to help and motivate!!! add me if you want
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the gang here. yes, friends here really do help with motivation. Don't be ashamed of you, you know what you want for yourself... It's all good. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm on often during the day and try to help as I can. I have a big job ahead of myself as well....
  • kdramaduck
    kdramaduck Posts: 3
    Options
    Me! I'm new too, but I would love to encourage you on your journey. I know it's hard not to be self conscious, but it's not worth the heat exhaustion. You can do it!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I made my lifestyle change on 1/1/11 -- I have gone from someone who wouldn't set foot in a gym to being a gym rat. I've lost 111.4lbs. I started at 303.4 and I am now at 192. :) (I'm 30y/o, 5'6'')
  • GhettoMissAfro
    GhettoMissAfro Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, nope I didn't have that problem I was 300 pounds when I started, I didn't care what anyone thought of me because I knew what I was out there for, I love to walk, I have 4 tatts on my ams My kids name and a butterfly i said all of that to say I loved me then and I love me NOW, so be proud of who u are, if someone has a problem with how u look that's what they have necks for so they can turn them. add me if u want I love to chat