Flabby Stomach? We need to talk...

Options
I'm breaking up with you. So... Just pack up your things and go. Don't make this any more difficult than it has to be... Just... Just go.

Haha! That little bit was kind of my way of asking for help about how to get rid of my flabby stomach!

I'm actually not that devastated with the rest of my body, but my stomach is just so... jiggly.
Does anyone know some foods or exercises that will help me gust this stomach?
I know target weight loss doesn't work, but there has to be SOMETHING I can do, right???

Thank you so much!

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Basic weight loss (if you're overweight) and lifting to build muscle. Search the forums for NROLFW results!
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I've always read abs are made in the kitchen. Cutting out sugar/alcohol/refined white sugars (read:pasta) and other crap and eating clean- plant foods, healthy fats (avocado, peanut butter, etc) will help a lot. And of course, over all weight loss. My stomach is the same way but mostly because I have stretch marks all over it from having twins. Good luck!
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    core exercises. Not just crunches, but all sorts of planks and such too.

still working on getting mine to leave.. its stubborn as hell
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Heavy, compound lifts: squats, deadlifts, military press, etc. They work your whole body, including your core,because you're balancing and stabilizing the entire time. Crunches actually don't do much!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Dunno. I like my flabby stomach.
    139239_7705.jpg

Situps and other abdominal toning exercises are probably your best bet. Weight loss will only take you so far, but to have a less flabby belly you'll definitely need to tone it.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Dunno. I like my flabby stomach.
    139239_7705.jpg

Situps and other abdominal toning exercises are probably your best bet. Weight loss will only take you so far, but to have a less flabby belly you'll definitely need to tone it.

Diet gets rid of flab (fat). Toning builds/tones muscle. If you are trying to decrease the flab you need to lose the excess fat around the midsection. If you then want noticable abs you will need to tone them. But no amount of toning will allow you to see your abs if there is a layer of fat over them . Good luck!!
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I'm breaking up with you. So... Just pack up your things and go. Don't make this any more difficult than it has to be... Just... Just go.

I :heart: U for this!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i am up to 250 sit ups a day, and wow, it sure works for me!
  • Stallion_Duck007
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice!

I will be sure to do all of these things, and do my research!
  • Stallion_Duck007
    Options
    Oh thank you! hahaha I was worried nobody would find it as funny as I did xD
  • Stallion_Duck007
    Options
    That's so interesting - because I have been doing tons and tons of core exercises, and I can FEEL my abs if I poke through my fat! So I guess I do have abs!

(They're just hiding!)

Thank you so much, I had no idea I could have abs behind my flab!

Will work on getting rid of it!
    Thank you! :)<3
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    There is no magic food or exercise my dear.

Just eat a deficit, lift weights, do some cardio and wait for the fat to come off. I know some say eat clean, but I def. don't and have a flat stomach.
  • jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    changing my diet did the magic for me. seriously its unbelievable. i reduced the carbs, took more protein and some veges and the flab started disappearing, lots of water too
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Heavy, compound lifts: squats, deadlifts, military press, etc. They work your whole body, including your core,because you're balancing and stabilizing the entire time. Crunches actually don't do much!

This.