Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Another Single Mom...

Hi. I'm new to My Fitness Pal. I just started last week. My name is Gabriella and I'm just another single mom trying to lose the baby weight. Albeit 3 years too late, since my daughter turns 3 this upcoming Monday/Memorial Day. I should have tried back then, I'd be a lot happier. But I didn't, and I figure it's better late, than never. I've was depressed all of the last year, a lot happened in my life(Parents separated after 26 yrs/breakup/family crisis). So I ate myself into the 200s. I was always in the 140s or less my whole life, up until I had my daughter. Seeing the scale tip at 210 last week, was a wake up call for me. I weigh exactly what I weighed the day I gave birth(05/28/09), minus the child inside me. WHOA! That is no good. I'm one of the only role models my daughter has, and I don't want her to learn the bad eating habits(Emotional Over Eating) I have. So It's time for a change. I really want it. I need to be healthier, and just look better. I just look like a different person. Well, I have an L.A. Fitness gym membership, so that should help. I plan on using it. I have used it since joining My Fitness Pal last week. I've worked out at least 35 minutes or more each day. I've been under my calorie goal each day too. Procrastination has been a major issue my entire life. So sticking with this, is what my challenge is. I have 60 pounds to go. GOSH, that's a lot! Wish me luck :)

Replies

• phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Your daughter should be a great inspiration to you. Wish her a happy birthday from all of us!

Feel free to send a friend request for continued support.
  • gbellaphoenix
    gbellaphoenix Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you.. I will..
  • Welcome!! Feel free to add me as well.
  • Por2gueseMama
    Por2gueseMama Posts: 102 Member
    Welcome!! And I am also a single parent and kno exactly what you mean. Happy birthday to your little one.
    Add me on here if you would like :D
    Angela
  • LioshaM
    LioshaM Posts: 129 Member
    I'm a single mom too! of Two. I've also experience some traumatic events over this past year, but we can make it!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    YOU CAN DO IT! YOU GO!
  • gbellaphoenix
    gbellaphoenix Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you guys for the Bday Wishes for my daughter! I'm super excited for Monday to be here! and Thank you Ricjos0101! I can't imagine having two kids and having to deal with my issues! So if you can do it, I can do it!
  • Kalebsmommy424
    Kalebsmommy424 Posts: 110 Member
    Single mom here as well..lol my son is 2..the thing is a lost weight the whole time i was pregnant...LOL i gained 40lbs since I had him and I was about 280 when I got pregnant...lol..sooo feel free to add me and we can do it together!
  • sjdaubs
    sjdaubs Posts: 7
    Hi I'm Sandi & a single mom of 2 (boy & girl). My youngest (daughter) will be turning 12 in July. I still have the baby weight to lose...LOL! My weight has been up & down over the past 12 years. I did get the baby weight off, put it back on, got divorced & lost it again. Then my daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in Aug 2009 and I put it all back on again. In May I went on vacation with my girlfriends and realized I am the biggest one of the 5 of us. YUCK. One of my friends has truly inspired me. She has gone from a size 12 to a 2 in a year and a half with diet and exercise. If she can do it, so can I! We call can! Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • RichardCMolloy
    RichardCMolloy Posts: 130 Member
    Hi & welcome! I'm a single dad with 2 kids (boy 13 & girl 9) for only 1/2 the month :( but I can relate. It's not easy but we need to use them for our motivation.

Please feel free to add me if you'd like & we can help each other. Happy birthday to your girl too :)
  • Foxcyclops
    Foxcyclops Posts: 12 Member
    Very happy you found the inspiration to take better care of yourself. The rewards will go far beyond you but into your daughter's life as well. You be happier; she will notice and she'll be happier; you will notice and you'll be happier and on and on it goes. Just remember you have friends and help here as well as help from above. You are never in this alone. Hope you have a wonderful celebration with your daughter on her birthday.
  • I'm a singel mom as well ( 2 boys 4 1/2 and 6). welcome! this site is full of information and support. You CAN do this! feel free to add me as a friend
    :-)
  • TXPaul
    TXPaul Posts: 74 Member
    I understand what you mean. I had a wake-up call this week when I stepped on the scale and it drove me join this site.

It sounds like your daughter has a wonderful role model. I’m sure she will be infinite inspiration for you.

Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend. I am just starting out myself. We can all use some support!
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Single mom here! My daughter turns 6 this year so I can't use the "I just had a baby" excuse anymore. ^_^
  • Mtfd02
    Mtfd02 Posts: 239 Member
    Feel free to add me as well, welcome to MFP we can all use motivation to push each other to meet their goals
  • nikkibello
    nikkibello Posts: 64 Member
    feel free to add me!