Supplements

Options
How many of you take supplements, if so what do you take? Do you recommend the ones you take?

Replies

• hstjohn
    hstjohn Posts: 6
    Options
    I take tonalin cla. I see results with it. Research is a little mixed, but the general consensus seems to be that it will either help you or do nothing for you. Be careful, though. It does have calories. The serving size I take adds 40 calories daily.
  • Neecy_Pooh
    Neecy_Pooh Posts: 122
    Options
    I take tonalin cla. I see results with it. Research is a little mixed, but the general consensus seems to be that it will either help you or do nothing for you. Be careful, though. It does have calories. The serving size I take adds 40 calories daily.

I have been taking CLA off and on for months. Not sure if I see results but I take it anyway. I also take a fish oil tab and a multivitamin. : ) I recommend fish oil if you tend to not eat too much fat in your diet, like I normally don't consume a whole of fat through my food.
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    I take a couple of supplements.. I take Vitamin D-3 and a Calcuim Magnesium, and Zinc pill. I also drink a Whey Protien shake after I workout and a Cassien Protien Shake before bed. Before my workouts I take MHP X-Fit Trainer(pre workout drink) that has really help with Lactic Acid build up in my quads.. That's the main reason I started taking that.. I've also started taking MHP X-Fit Power with help with Muscle soreness and supposed to help build lean muscle.. It has helped with the soreness, but not sure about the other stuff yet..

Hope that helps.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Protein
    VItimin C
    Assault
    B-Complex
    Calicum citrate
    Glutamine
    ZMA
    multi vitimin
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Creatine
    Whey protein
    Multi VItamin
    Fish Oil
    CLA
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I have been taking Evening Primerose Oil (GLA). They say that it helps with weight loss. I've also heard that it is a very healthy natural supplement. It has Omegas in it. I have also started taking a whole fresh lemon and squeezing it into a glass of water every morning before I eat anything. It is supposed to be healthy for you. It makes your body more alkaline instead of acidic. I know.... funny huh cause lemons are acidic BUT once they are in the body, they turn alkaline. They are supposed to detoxify your liver as well. Has it helped me lose weight? Let's see....... in the past 2 days, I have lost 2 pounds! The lemons could be helping or it could be, and probably is, a combination of exercise, diet, and the lemons. I actually started drinking it cause it also helps calm down inflammation in the body.
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Fish Oil
    CLA
    Multi Vitamin
    E
    B complex
    B
    C
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    multivitamin
    B12
    vitamin c
    acidophilus
    evening primrose oil
    melatonin
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin
    Calcium + D
    Fish Oil
    Whey Protein

I have been thinking about taking green tea supplements, and would like to hear if others take these and what they think....
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Actually medical studdies show that your body only absorbs 15-20% of daily suppliments. My trainer is also a PT, but he rehabs and trains alot of big name motor cross and sports athlets. He told me not to even buy any supplimets. But fish oil-flaxseed or stool softners IF I wanted for your flushing the system (bowles) OR if you have irregularity. Other wise its a huge waist of money UNLESS your a body builder requiring more proteins to gain weight and can't eat as much. Otherwise Id say its true- total waste of money. I did that in the begining- the only weight I lost was in my wallet.I saw no proof they worked at all and seen no benifit. And that joint soarness pill glutemine- does absolutly nothing (total phlecebo) hehe hope I spelled it right. save your money- everything you need you will get from fruit, veggies and plain old clean eating.
  • tcpowell25
    tcpowell25 Posts: 292
    Options
    Calcium
    Mulit Vit
    Green Tea Extract
    CLA
    Probiotic
    Whey Protein
    Fish Oil
  • Neecy_Pooh
    Neecy_Pooh Posts: 122
    Options

I have been taking CLA off and on for months. Not sure if I see results but I take it anyway. I also take a fish oil tab and a multivitamin. : ) I recommend fish oil if you tend to not eat too much fat in your diet, like I normally don't consume a whole of fat through my food.

I also take DHEA, Vitamin E, green tea (Once in a while) B Complex and whey protein.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Omega 3,6,9
    B12
    D3
    Calcium
    Selenium

Selenium is great if you have thyroid problems whether over- or under- active. the first 3 on my list help with my mental state, and calcium I take because I find it impossible to get the recommended amount from my diet and I worry about osteoporosis in later life as it runs in my family.
  • usc2626
    usc2626 Posts: 186
    Options
    Optimum Opti-men multi vitamin
    Optimum Gold Standard 100% Casein
    MusclePharm Combat Powder
    Hyper Shred