Hula hooping

Options
I hear its an excellent cardio workout, sounds so much fun. Anyone here hula hoop?

Replies

• RedefiningMe
    RedefiningMe Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Was good at it when I was younger, but with the added middle and age weight, I can't make it work now!

Maybe that will be one of my goals - get back to a size where I can hula hoop again.

I remember it being an high intensity (but so much fun that is didn't feel like a workout) activity.

Many of the fun things we did as kids were actually healthy for us and now so many of them have been lost. - remember the lemon head skipper that you attached to one leg and twisted it around and jumped over it with the other - what great cardio and we as kids didn't even know we were exercising!!

Will love to see what others say!
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've been looking into hula hopping, and anyone of any age and size can do it! You just need advice on which size and how heavy.

I just ordered my first hoop!! I found someone who makes them in the UK, and he helped me with what size would be best for me. I'm so excited to start hooping and would love to give some tricks a go (once I've got the hang of hopping, of course!)

I love that it helps your tummy, glutes, pelvic floor, core and helps to 'sculpt' your waist. I think if you fancy it, then find someone who is experienced/makes hoops for advice.
  • hoophippie
    hoophippie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hula hoop!! I teach a class at my church. I think you might be able to go to hoopcity.ca and find an instructor or class. What state are you in? I lost about 20 pounds my first year of hula hooping. I love it.. it's become a great hobby.. I even joined a hoop troupe and every now and then we get to perform. It's super fun! Definitely look into it!
  • joymarino
    joymarino Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    May I ask...how do you log hula hooping on MFP?
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    YEP! ITS FUN!, i like jumping rope too!