Confused ...

Options
2»

Replies

• lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    If it only took you 10 days to put the weight on, then not taking if off in 10 days is something to worry about

BUT

if it took you more than 10 days to put the weight on,,,, then relax and think about making smarter choices everyday so that it will come off and stay off. Keep doing what you are doing and the results will come... and doing it in a healthy manner may take longer than 10 days!!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Are the calories your eating to reach your daily intake from bad foods? Are you eating late at night? Have you been monitoring your calorie break down where it shows how much sodium, carbs etc?

/\
    This

is irrelevant...
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Are the calories your eating to reach your daily intake from bad foods? Are you eating late at night? Have you been monitoring your calorie break down where it shows how much sodium, carbs etc?

/\
    This

is irrelevant...

everyone knows that you have to avoid foods from the naughty list
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    If your seeing a slimming result with clothes than I would def. lean towards muscle repair, and its a proven fact that muscle weights more than fat....

**head desk**

WRONG!!!

Muscle%2Bvs%2BFat.jpg

266697609153468455_qHKtmxwH_f.jpg
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    my personal story...when I added my trainer to my workouts I gained 8lbs in 2 months.. We couldn't understand why since I was eating my allowed calories but the scale kept going.. Needless to say after a few more months it was gone plus more... Just be patience, keep doing all the right things and you'll start to see a difference.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Soups are high in sodium and sodium causes you to retain water. Also, drink loads of water, you would be amazed how much it flushes out.
  • oxanel
    oxanel Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :))) Thanks ... About the scale ... I'll do the suggestion you made ...

Thank you everyone ... I love this website ,I spend more time reading all the topics , rather then exploring the facebook.
    This website is awesome
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    If you can't be patient, then you will fail no matter what because weight loss requires more PATIENCE than anything else. Remember: YOUR BODY DOES NOT WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT. If weight came and went really quickly, human beings wouldn't have survived this long.

Don't set yourself up for disappointment. Many people see no change until they've been diligent about diet and exercise for 3-4 weeks. It's going to take longer than weeks for you to reach your goal, so keep your eyes on the prize and don't focus on day-to-day fluctuations. Also, if you lost a centimeter from your midsection, how is that not progress? Do you really think that you'll step on the scale one day and magically 10lbs will disappear?
  • secretlobster
    Options
    If your seeing a slimming result with clothes than I would def. lean towards muscle repair, and its a proven fact that muscle weights more than fat....

**head desk**

WRONG!!!

And to you, the mass of the muscle and fat look exactly the same in that picture?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    my personal story...when I added my trainer to my workouts I gained 8lbs in 2 months.. We couldn't understand why since I was eating my allowed calories but the scale kept going.. Needless to say after a few more months it was gone plus more... Just be patience, keep doing all the right things and you'll start to see a difference.

Nice story. Good points....one thing.....You can't be patience.....you can have patience or be patient........but can't be patience.
  • secretlobster
    Options
    Soups are high in sodium and sodium causes you to retain water. Also, drink loads of water, you would be amazed how much it flushes out.

Not necessarily. When I was losing weight I made my own soup all the time, usually with low-sodium broth or broth I made myself, and it was not high in sodium at all. Soup was my life-saving food in terms of weight loss.
  • cbenzerga
    cbenzerga Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If you've just started working out then your muscles may be retaining water to help repair them.

^^This...if you haven't worked out in awhile especially, your muslces will heal themselves and it will go back down. As long as were talking about a couple of lbs or less. And remember women's weight changes throughout the month 3lbs-5lbs up and down is not uncommon. Don't weigh for a couple of weeks to let your body adjust to your new lifestyle...stick with it and you will see results. Also after a couple of weeks on this plan reevaluate and change it up to avoid a plateau. Good Luck
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I've been on this site for 10 daysnow, keeping counting the calories around 1400 a day and workouts at the gym every day , todayon scale shows more weight :( I expected to be at least 2lb as my goal is in 1 week. I'm doing something wrong or .... I'm really confused ...

You didn't gain it in a week, don't expect to lose it all in a week either. Keep at it, make it a commitment.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

Not necessarily. When I was losing weight I made my own soup all the time, usually with low-sodium broth or broth I made myself, and it was not high in sodium at all. Soup was my life-saving food in terms of weight loss.

Okay, correction, many soups tend to be high in sodium.
  • jrealander
    jrealander Posts: 2
    Options
    Working out/ exercising will also tone your muscles and muscle weighs more than fat. I suggest taking measurements of the areas you're particularly trying to improve and monitor it that way. I haven't lost much weight but i have toned up quite a bit and i see a difference in the mirror just not a big difference on the scale.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, your diary is closed and you do not give enough information in order for anyone to make useful suggestions. Until that is resolved, you may as well throw darts in the bar with the lights off.