Weighing food? Cooked or raw?

Options
I just bought a small electrical weighing scales to know exactly how much I am eating. Just a question, when it comes to pasta, potatoes and meat, do you weigh them before or after they are cooked?

Replies

• boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    it varies for me. always weigh my meat after cooked. veggies are before. dont know why...just the way i do it.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Depends on whether the nutritional information you're looking at refers to cooked or raw.
  • sarahp_100
    sarahp_100 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yeah - but if it says one portion is x amount of grams on the packet of pasta, is doesn't say whether thats before of after cooking. Obviously the pasta will be heavier after cooking because it has aborbed loads of water!
  • amatxuof5
    amatxuof5 Posts: 40
    Options
    I think the nutritional info. I have looked at says "cooked pasta" or prepared. I always weigh my pasta cooked. I definitely weigh based on whatever nutritional info. I have. I don't weigh fruits and veggies - sometimes I count them or eyeball them, but since they are 0 points on weight watchers I don't worry too much about them. I log them but probably not down to the exact amount.